in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-29-2011 2:44 AM by Ron Pruitt. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2011 2:44 AM

New Installation--Advice on Skype Videoconferencing on Beovision 10's, IPads and Beo6s for control

I am completing a multiroom B&O AV renovation of a vacation property I own in a W hotel(I love projects and designing slices of AV Nirvana).  I've placed Beovision 10's with various speaker systems(beolab 9s, 8002s, 6002s etc. depending on the room.  I'd like to incorporate HD video conferencing via Skype through the Beovision 10's.  I am now exploring new approaches to this. Its no longer neccessary to turn to Polycom(which I have in my main residence) or Tandberg for their expensive solutions.  Both Sony and Panasonic appear to have Skype apps in their upper end bluray players as well as HD cameras for surface mounting.  I suspect I can take advantage of these products to bring HD video conferencing on board.  Does anyone have experience with this and have suggestions or cautions they would be willing to share?  I've prepared the network back bone with an ATT DSL extreme connection with gigabit 10/100/1000 switching.  Images from any location/source can be routed throughout the property to any screen via an Atlona HDMI matrix switcher(HDMI distributed over cat7 with baluns on near and far ends). Lighting has been replaced with Lutron RadioRa2 and will be controlled by Beolink programs on Beo6s and Ipads/phones.   Thanks in advance for your comments.  Ron

My Beo:

Beosound 2500, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 9, Beolab 6002, Beolab 4000, Beolab 4, Beosound 9000 x3, Beosound 5, Beomaster 5 1 TB, Beosound 5 Encore, Beovision 10 46 x 3, 10 40 x 1, Beolink passive zone x 3 w/ beovox 2.  All connected via MLG and an Atlona 8 x 8 matrix HDMI switcher.  Additional non B & O sources: iPort FS-2 x4, Samsung 6700 3D Smart Blu Ray(Pandora, Netflix, Hulu plus,You Tube, many more), Dish HD DVR x2, TVIX HD Slim1, Sonos Zone player 90 (works seamlessly with Anubis.fm, AUPEO!, Deezer, iheartradio, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Napster®, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio(tm), TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks) , Apple TV, Mac Mini. Lutron Radio Ra 2..... Control via Beo 6, IPhone and IPad.  Yet to come...climate control, energy dashboard, vid conferencing/web cams.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)