in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2010 1:38 AM by lausvi. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2010 4:59 PM

• preb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-30-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 1900-2 without right channel sound

Hi all

Thanks for running this wonderful website, helping us keeping our nice B&O devices alive Yes -  thumbs up

I'm the proud owner of a Beomaster 1900-2, but since a couple of month without sound in the right channel, i.e.  speaker 1 + 2 and earphone having the right channel silent. No repair or capacitor exchange has ever been done. How are the changes that an exchange of the capacitors will cure the problem? - applying the famous capacitor kit Smile

Additionally, the left channel is humming a bit. According to another thread, I've seen that there is a good chance of curing that using the capacitor kit.

Also some of the lamps are no longer working, so fortunately a lamp kit exists as well - having exchanged the lamps a few times during the many years already.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Preben

Filed under:
  • 05-31-2010 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 1900-2 without right channel sound

It could be capacitors but you will need to check the whole circuit. Are you experienced in electronic repairs? If not, I would recommend getting someone to fix this for you - the 1900 fits quite a lot in a small box! Tricky to take apart and trickier to put back together!!

• 05-31-2010 6:00 PM In reply to

• preb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-30-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

I have taken it apart before to exchange the lamps, and I have exchanged pieces successfully in other electronic devices before, so I don't worry - yet Cool. Otherwise there is a store nearby, that I have earlier exchanged some SMD caps for me on a circuit board in my electrical piano.

• 06-01-2010 1:38 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

The silent channel can also be because of a broken slider. All the sliders (treble, bass, balance) carry "information" of both channels and the sliding mech. can break down causing a lost of a channel. The slider can be repaired by glueing the parts back, I have done it few times and it really works.

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)