in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-21-2010 12:07 AM by Spiros. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2010 2:02 AM

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Distribution of N.Music & N.Radio over BV 7-32 ?!?

WRONG SECTION. It should be on BEO-MAC. Sorry for this.

I'm not sure if this is a simple question, however it will save a lot of issues for me.

My link installation is as follows:

Main TV BV 4-42 (Beosystem 2) and Beosound 4. 2nd Living Room BV 3-32, Bedroom BV 7-32, Office MX 4002/Overture/Linkplayer over iMac. Plus of course devices such as HDR1, SAT Rx etc.

Although BV 7-32 is N.Music & N.Radio ready, when I use them, they go through the BS4 on main living room (Switches on). How would it be possible to use these functions without going through the Beosound 4? I know that for the rest of the devices it is not possible as they are not N.Music ready but BV 7?

Beosound 4 is in A.Option 0 as it is directly linked on my BV4-42 and speakers are connected on the Beosystem 2. Meaning that if I put it on A.Option 1 I have to connect speakers on the BS4, something that I do not want to do.

Any ideas would be very useful!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 05-02-2010 12:36 PM In reply to

Re: Distribution of N.Music & N.Radio over BV 7-32 ?!?

Spiros:
    N.Music & N.Radio ready, when I use them, they go through the BS4 on main living room (Switches on).

do you mean the BS4 displays the information from LinkPlayer -- it should do this

or do you also mean that the speakers are activated and music is played ?

and so you also mean no music comes through the BV7s ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-02-2010 1:36 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hello Elephant,

What I mean to say is that the BV7 plays N.Radio and N.Music, however info from Linkplayer is shown on the BS4. And if someone else is listening to e.g. Radio or AMEM then it switches to BS4 as well. Meaning that the listener in the main living room will then listen to N.Radio assuming he had AMEM already open.

But when the BV7 plays N.Radio the sound does not come from the BS4 as well. In other words, BV 7 does not use its own system for the audio but uses the BS4 (Of course for the sources N.Radio and N.Music)

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 05-02-2010 5:14 PM In reply to

Hey Spiros,

Spiros:
    if someone else is listening to e.g. Radio or AMEM then it switches to BS4 as well. Meaning that the listener in the main living room will then listen to N.Radio assuming he had AMEM already open.

it does not work that way for me.  It behaves as one might expect: I started A.MEM, started N.MUSIC and A.MEM kept playing.

I then switched off the BS4 (STANDBY) keeping N.MUSIC going, I then started A.MEM, I started N.RADIO, and then BS4 stayed on A.MEM.

Not sure where your problem lies.  Make a LinkPlayer trace of two tests like mine above, and then use LinkPlayer to email them to Pgillipe.  I always edit the trace with comments to explain what is happening (e.g. "**** pressing N.RADIO now ****").

One thought ... is there anyway that the infra-red signal can bounce as a reflection to where the BS4 is ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-03-2010 11:19 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I will once again give it a try like that and let's see the result. I will inform Philippe as well.

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 05-16-2010 4:47 PM In reply to

Spiros:

Although BV 7-32 is N.Music & N.Radio ready, when I use them, they go through the BS4 on main living room (Switches on). How would it be possible to use these functions without going through the Beosound 4? I know that for the rest of the devices it is not possible as they are not N.Music ready but BV 7?

It is normal that the BS4 switches on whenever NMUsic or NRadio is used.

You're using beoport, and beoport needs an audiomaster because it can't act on it's own.

So if you have a beoport, then you need a BS3000/3200/9000/BC2 or BS4.

An alternative is a pc right next to the BV7 with an extra ir-eye on the beoport.

• 05-17-2010 12:27 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Indeed, that would be a solution, however I'm looking for a simpler solution and of course avoiding too many cables!!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 05-17-2010 11:28 AM In reply to

Another option?

Mount a MacMini behind the BV7 and name it PC/STB(Vaux).

Then you can choose between FrontRow or Plex etc. Costs are much lower then another BS.

• 05-17-2010 11:48 AM In reply to

It will not solve Spiros problem unfortunately.

As I understand, he would like to listen to the BS4 sound on speakers connected to his TV and at the same time, he would like to listen to N.MUSIC in a Link Room.

This is not acheivable as only one sound signal can be transmitted at a time on the Masterlink cable.

In this case there would be two signals (BS4 -> TV and Beoport -> Link room).

The only solution is to connect speakers to the BS4 directly. The BS4 can play a source on its own speakers AND distribute another source on ML at the same time.

Another solution would be to split the Masterlink network, and have the BS4 and the BV7 in one network, and the rest in another, separated ML network. of course, you could not get N.MUSIC in the main room.

P.

• 05-21-2010 12:07 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Well said Philippe. I now will go for a pair of speakers for the BS 4. No other way so...........

Best regards

Spiros

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)