in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2010 4:50 AM by Keith Saunders. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2010 9:32 AM

Avant 32 DVD fault

My Avant 32 DVD type 8453 has a fault. It will play a DVD or CD for 1-2 minutes and then stop. At that point I am unable to eject or play the disc.If the TV is switched to standby and powered up again I am able to play a disc (again for less than two minutes). There are TV error codes 0503 6C-1 (If that s any help) in the service menu.

Any suggestions before I contact an engineer?

David

• 05-05-2010 4:50 AM In reply to

Re: Avant 32 DVD fault

David,

I am assuming that the unit previously played CD’s and DVD’s without problem ?

I am also assuming that it fails the same way with any disk placed in the drive ?

Based on the symptoms you have provided, then the drive circuit is most likely loosing clock pulses generated when reading the disk. When you switch off and on again it will reset the circuit and hence start working again.

·         The very first I would do is check for visible damage and clean the laser lens remembering very small amounts of dirt can cause these type of problems.

·         If the lens etc appear to be clean and without damage, then I would check that none of the voltages on the plug P103 are a low. Measure the voltages reference to ground on pin 3 of P103 of the DVD power supply (module 74). The following pins on P103 should have stated voltages. Pin 2 is + 3.3 volts – Pin 6 is +5 volts – pin 9 is –8 volts –Pin is +12 volts

If all the voltages are correct, then it is most likely that the drive itself has an electronic fault and would have to be replaced.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)