in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2010 7:43 PM by Vienna. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2010 7:05 AM

BeoVision 10 Wall Bracket Installation Fasteners

Hi all

I'm about to mount my BV10 on the wall bracket, but am concerned about finding the correct fasteners. If someone else has installed their own (or watched an installer do it), I'm wondering if you can give me an idea of the size of the screws used. The installation instructions are not especially helpful. They specify four screws, no size given, each able to carry a load of 100kg (I could find no screw with a countersunk head able to carry such a load), and twelve screws (5mm/0.2 inch diameter) each capable of a 15kg load. No length is specified.

I am installing the bracket on a masonary (brick) wall. What I've bought are stainless steel screws with countersunk heads (which fit the bracket perfectly), and are 10G(auge?) x 50mm(long). No load rating is specified for them, but I'm hoping being stainless, they will be stronger than normal.

Are these likely to be sufficient? Are they long enough? Any longer and the head was too big to sit flush in the bracket. Will sixteen of these screws provide enough load carrying capacity? Are B&O overstating the load requirements? I did look at other wall anchors, but they were too large to fit through the holes in the bracket.

Sorry for the tedious post, but obviously I want to get it right. I do wish B&O would either be more specific with the requirements or provide suitable fixings with the bracket!

Any advice from those in the know?

Cheers

Stuart

• 04-25-2010 7:15 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 10 Wall Bracket Installation Fasteners

Hi Stuart, you are absolutely fine with those screws (especially into masonary with the correct rawlplug). I did use longer than 5mm screws in the other 12 holes... just to be safe, I'm sure it's fine though.

A couple of things I found when installing mine is you need something under the TV whist you and a friend lift the TV onto the two mounts, it's a tricky job to line up and the frame of the TV tends to cut into your fingers.

We used a piano stool which we could lower the TV onto whilst trying to line the TV up with the wall bracket. Another issue we faced was although we ensured the TV bracket was perfectly set out using a spirit level, when the TV was lifted onto the mount, the TV itself was not level. We had to lift down the TV and adjust the mount to ensure the TV when placed on it was level. Quite frustrating.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Regards,
    Cal

• 04-25-2010 8:01 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

if you search for real professional anchoring systems:

http://www.hilti.com/holcom/page/module/home/home_main.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-8021

choose your local Hilti Website - then select anchoring systems ...

PS: ... I'm sucessfully using these products since 25 years by myself to attach wall brackets and cabinets to all kinds of masonry ...

• 04-25-2010 9:00 PM In reply to

Callen:
    Hi Stuart, you are absolutely fine with those screws (especially into masonary with the correct rawlplug). I did use longer than 5mm screws in the other 12 holes... just to be safe, I'm sure it's fine though.

Hi Cal

Thanks for that reassurance. I'm assuming you meant longer than 50mm (not 5!). Just how long did you use? As I said, any longer, and the countersunk heads wouldn't fit - maybe I need to look again.

Did you install into masonary?

Vienna - thanks for the suggestion.

Stuart

• 04-26-2010 3:52 AM In reply to

Hi Stuart, apologies yes, longer than 50mm, I used Wickes 2-1/2" multipurpose screws as they are countersunk. The mount was installes into masonary. I will upload some photos as soon as I've finished the plastering etc.

Regards,
    Cal

• 04-26-2010 8:02 AM In reply to

Hi Cal

One more question - when mounted on the bracket, is the rear of the bottom third of the television (i.e. the speaker section) hard up against the wall, or is there some clearance between the wall and the back? I know there's some space behind the top half to accommodate the bracket, and the diagram in the instructions seems to show some behind the bottom section, but I'd like confirmation. If so, how much gap is there? I ask this because I want to use some L brackets to support a narrow wall-mounted cabinet underneath, and the uprights of these brackets are 5mm thick. I was hoping to hide this bit of the bracket behind the television.

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Stuart

• 04-26-2010 9:25 AM In reply to

Hi Stuart, on the side you install the bracket, there is very little room due to the cables and the bracket itself folding flush, however if you install the brackets 300mm or so from the edge of the TV I'm sure you'll be fine. I have taken some photos to give you an idea of clearance. I hope they help.

Regards,
    Cal

• 04-26-2010 11:02 AM In reply to

Hi Cal - a great help. Looks super sleek already, even if you haven't finished. Look forward to seeing the final product.

S

• 04-28-2010 11:39 AM In reply to

Callen:

We used a piano stool which we could lower the TV onto whilst trying to line the TV up with the wall bracket. Another issue we faced was although we ensured the TV bracket was perfectly set out using a spirit level, when the TV was lifted onto the mount, the TV itself was not level. We had to lift down the TV and adjust the mount to ensure the TV when placed on it was level. Quite frustrating.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Well Cal (and anyone else interested!) the BV10 is on the wall, but I've had the same issue with levelling as you - bracket was fine, but TV itself was ever so slightly off...grrr. Is there an easier way to readjust the bracket than taking the TV off again? It wasn't easy. How do you know how much to move the bracket if the spirit level is saying it's fine? Maybe I can live with it...maybe not!

Cheers

Stuart

• 04-28-2010 1:47 PM In reply to

It's infuriating isn't it? spending so long getting the bracket perfectly level and then the TV not being square to the mount, very poor design. I too thought whether it was worth the effort of taking the TV down to adjust the bracket. In the end I decided that having spent so much on the TV it really shoud be level. My TV is hinged from the right hand side as you look directly at it so once the TV was off the wall again I loosened the screws and crudely used a block of wood and hammer to tap the top of the bracket to the right until the spirit level bubble was just touching the 'black line marker'. Not an exact science but once the screws were tightened again and the TV was back on the wall it was spot on.

Let us know what you decide to do and some photos once you’re happy would be great.

Regards,
    Cal

• 04-29-2010 5:11 AM In reply to

I´ve ordered mine with an installation team that the B&O store uses. Seems to be worth the money, considering the challenge to do it your self. Will get the BV10 in two weeks.

/C

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 04-29-2010 5:20 AM In reply to

Just remember to use a spirit level on the TV whilst they're still there for your own peace of mind!

Regards,
    Cal

• 04-29-2010 5:42 AM In reply to

Considering it's a heavy TV and the hinge is way off to the side - it might be that the bracket is level on its own, but not anymore when you put the TV on it! Something that is difficult to anticipate on the drawing board...

-mika

• 04-29-2010 7:12 AM In reply to

Callen:

Just remember to use a spirit level on the TV whilst they're still there for your own peace of mind!

Regards,
    Cal

Thanks for the tip. I sure will Smile

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

• 05-02-2010 12:50 PM In reply to

Hi Cal (and co)

Well, I'm almost there - TV's on the wall, cabinets are installed underneath, cables connected - bar one. I can't get the wretched power cable in! Like you Cal, mine is hinged on the right and the power socket is also on the right - very hard to get to because the TV is so close to the wall. I don't have big hands, but so far I've been unable to apply enough pressure to push the power cable home into its socket.

Did you have this problem? There is no way I am taking the TV off the wall again (it is level now by the way!). 

Not great design I wouldn't have said...

Cheers

Stuart

• 05-06-2010 4:05 AM In reply to

Hi, sorry, I missed your post, did you manage to get the power cable in ok? It's a real struggle getting the power in, I lay on my back for about 20 minutes struggling. I eventually gave up and asked my wife to do it (far smaller hands!).

Congratulations on levelling the TV I'm sure it looks fantastic now.

Regards,
    Cal

• 05-06-2010 4:48 AM In reply to

To inspiration.

BeoVision 10-46" - BeoLab 8000. - BeoLab 11.

Price is in Danish crowns Buy it at Bang & Olufsen store.

• 05-06-2010 5:02 AM In reply to

Hi Cal

Yes I did get the cable in eventually (I hope I don't have to do that too often!), and it does look fantastic. I've still got some holes in the wall from the previous television to fill, so not ready for photographs I'm afraid.

I'm also waiting on a set of BL6000 brackets, which have to be installed. Not sure if I want them or not - I really like the minimalist look (i.e TV only) and the speakers will need to be quite close to the television because of the size of the wall.

I probably will install them though!

Hope you're enjoying yours.

Stuart

• 05-17-2010 8:43 AM In reply to

Hiort:

I´ve ordered mine with an installation team that the B&O store uses. Seems to be worth the money, considering the challenge to do it your self. Will get the BV10 in two weeks.

/C

TV and installaton team arrived Friday morning. Took them 45 minutes to do the complete installations including some smalltalk Smile 

I really recommend to let professionals do the wall mounting.

The BV10 sits perfectly on the wall.

• 05-17-2010 8:53 AM In reply to

Picture after the installation:

• 05-17-2010 5:35 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Hiort:

I really recommend to let professionals do the wall mounting.

The BV10 sits perfectly on the wall.

Yeah... Maybe, but doing installation tasks on ones own can be VERY satisfying especially when you get a good result.

They didn't run the cables into the wall? why do no BV10's i've seen have the cables hidden??

I'm not a fan of BV10, i think it's quite backward not having in built sources (at this point of the game in technology development) and no motorised action in its wall hinge. I see this television as a BeoVision replacement. I also think it's odd they didn't put larger drivers into the speaker part, it's not all that different to the depth of a BeoSound 1.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-17-2010 7:43 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Dave:

They didn't run the cables into the wall? why do no BV10's i've seen have the cables hidden??

Sufficiently hidden ?

:-)

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)