in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-22-2010 7:57 PM by elephant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2010 8:12 PM

• rpm40
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-19-2010
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

What do I have, exactly?

Hi all, first post here.

Anyway, a few years ago, driving down the street, i saw a pair of massive speakers sitting out in the trash. I stopped to look closer, and they were B&O! I snatched them and took them home. When I got home, I realized they were in serious need of new surrounds. I ordered them, and replaced them myself, and got the speakers cleaned up pretty well.

I am getting ready to move though, and figured it would be better to sell these massive things than try to move them. Any idea what they are worth? I really have no idea!

They are Beovox MS 150 speakers a few nicks and scratches here and there but otherwise nice shape.

Thanks!

Ryan

• 05-20-2010 8:17 PM In reply to

Re: What do I have, exactly?

Hi Ryan! Welcome to BeoWorld!

Tough to put a definitive value on them... much of that depends on exactly what the cosmetics look like! Perhaps posting a pic would help? Of course, their performance will play a significant role. You re-foamed... any problems? Are any of the drivers out -or- any "scratchiness" in them?

I can say that they are a very desirable speaker, but as you are well aware -they are immense! Rather difficult to ship -so price could also be driven by your location, and the offer of local pickup.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-21-2010 12:01 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Totally agree with Jeff. I wouldn't sell them unless there is a good reason for that. With a good amp they will give you a very "happy" sound. You will love them. Welcome to Beoworld!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 05-22-2010 7:57 PM In reply to

Hi Ryan - where are you based ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)