in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-22-2010 4:40 PM by vikinger. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2010 2:08 PM

New Moderator

Beoworld is delighted to announce that Mika (Tournedos) has agreed to become the latest addition to the moderating team. Many of us know him already and he has always been both quick and informative in his replies. Beoworld is only as good as its contributors and Mika has shown himself to be up there with the best.

As you know, we actually need to moderate very little as we have a very courteous and friendly membership and most of our work is approving posts caught by the spam filter! However the moderators do try to make sure that all posts get an answer where appropriate and I know Mika will be a superb addition to the team.

• 05-16-2010 2:17 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: New Moderator

Excellent news!Smile
    Mika is a fine, level headed and moderate chap. Both helpful, and knowledgeable.
    All the best to you Left HugMika!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-16-2010 2:39 PM In reply to

Welcome on board Mika Smile

We are proud to have you in our Team.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-16-2010 4:24 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Congratulations Mika. You will be an excellent addition to the Moderating team.Wink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-17-2010 7:37 AM In reply to

Thank you all!

I guess this is an appropriate time to introduce myself to the readership a little better. I'm 42 years old and live in Finland near Helsinki. Although my current interest in B&O is only about three years old, I've been into hi-fi and electronics from my teens. I also have university level studies and ~20 years work experience in electronic engineering, embedded programming and general CS.

I'm purely a collector for my own pleasure, so I don't have any ties with anything "officially" B&O, or any second hand business. I currently own B&O kit from 1938 to 2005, the majority of it being from vintage 1970's to early 1990's - so I probably can't help much with configuring your new BV7! As a newly appointed technical advisor, I will of course try and help the best I can with any private questions, but would still rather have them posted on the forum where the discussions might be useful to others as well.

I can discuss in English, passably in Swedish and of course in Finnish. My German is mediocre and I can somewhat read Danish, Norwegian and Dutch, but don't expect me to reply in any of those languages!

While continuing on the forum as I always have, in my new role I'll try and do my best to help in keeping Beoworld the informative, useful and fun forum we all love to return to Smile

-mika

• 05-17-2010 10:28 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Oh good we have someone that can instantly release the tied up Wedthred© postsBig Smile Well done Mika. Feels like you've been around since BW Mk1 - can't believe only about 3 years.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 05-17-2010 11:16 AM In reply to

Congrats Mika!!

Sorry that I haven't been around more... just too busy.

• 05-17-2010 11:46 AM In reply to

That's fantastic! Smile

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 05-17-2010 12:10 PM In reply to

Excellent selection and I am happy Mika agreed to come on board!

He has always been so willing to help, so informative, and always pleasant! I really enjoy the many other facets he brings to the table beyond just B&o... a real interesting fellow.

Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-17-2010 1:14 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Congratulations from me also Mika! Happy to know you will be bolstering the other moderators and all of the members in this new capacity.

Evan

• 05-17-2010 2:25 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

A splendid addition to the IlluminatiBig Smile

I'm sure as well as being generally helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and all-round good egg, he can use his newly acquired super-powers to keep a tight control on the Wedthredders©Whistle

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-17-2010 2:33 PM In reply to

Congratulations Mika !

Don't stop visiting Wed@ now Big Smile

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 05-17-2010 9:45 PM In reply to

Thank you Mika for taking on the role

And thank you for sketching your background

And an applause for your philosophy: 

tournedos:
    do my best to help in keeping Beoworld the informative, useful and fun forum we all love to return to

hear ! hear !!

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-22-2010 4:40 PM In reply to

Well done Mika. I've been away for the past week, and only managed to get a WiFi connection at the hotel for a few minutes before their system went down. Just about had time to try to wind Stonk up about his prize and buttered horses....... no opportunity to test out your self-moderation on Wednesday!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)