in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-30-2010 7:29 AM by beojeff. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2010 9:21 AM

There's a new master in town!

Realizing that I now NEVER use CDs or standard radio, I want to program n.music as "CD" and n.radio as "RADIO" on my BeoSound 5 in order to use the physical buttons on the beo4. I'm hoping someone can help me with the "option" programming. Here is what I have:

1. A BeoSystem 3

2. A BeoSound 5 in the came room, connected to the BeoSystem 3. I have been using the BeoSound 5 as an audio slave, but now want to make it the audio master. It uses the speakers attached to the BeoSystem 3.

3. A BeoCenter 2 (with DVD) in the same room, connected to the BeoSystem 3, using the speakers of the BeoSystem 3 and with no speakers attached directly to the BeoCenter 2. I want to make the BeoCenter 2 an audio slave, but still want to be able to use the DVD function in the same room.

• 06-19-2010 11:10 AM In reply to

Re: There's a new master in town!

Would the best solution be to simply unplug the BeoCenter 2 from the MasterLink?

• 06-20-2010 6:43 PM In reply to

My understanding was that the options would not matter when it comes to calling up a core function like CD or Radio through the Beo4.

It is sort of hardwired - that is the beauty about the Beo 5 since it is more flexible in this regards.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-21-2010 7:08 AM In reply to

jk1002:

My understanding was that the options would not matter when it comes to calling up a core function like CD or Radio through the Beo4.

It is sort of hardwired - that is the beauty about the Beo 5 since it is more flexible in this regards.

JK-

With the BeoSound 5 there is the capability of re-assigning n.music and n.radio on the BeoSound 5 to respond to CD or A.MEM for the n.music and RADIO for the n.radio. This is done on the BeoSound 5 "settings" menu. However, the BeoSound 5 must be assigned the role of audio master in order to be able to do this. Since I now never use cds and only use my BeoCenter 2 for dvds, I disconnected the BeoCenter 2 from the masterlink and made the BeoSound 5 the audio master. It is now much more convenient to use the CD button on all of my many Beo4 remotes throughout the house to call up the n.music on the BeoSound 5. Previously, one had to cycle through all of the soft buttons on "list" in order to call up "n.music."

• 06-27-2010 10:40 AM In reply to

Just an update:

I've disconnected the ML cable from the BeoCenter 2 and made the BeoSound 5 the new audio master. After re-assigning the n.music to the "CD" button and the n.radio to the "RADIO" button via the BeoSound 5 I am now able to MUCH more easily call up my BeoSound music using beo4 remotes throughout my home.

This simple solution works. However, it would be nice to still have the option of playing CDs on my BeoCenter 2 on the rare occasion that I might need to. It would seem that the BeoCenter 2 could be treated as an audio slave and that one could use "L.CD" (link CD) to still use the CD function on the BeoCenter 2. Perhaps someone here more knowledgable with option settings could provide a better solution. 

• 07-29-2010 1:40 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

beojeff:

However, it would be nice to still have the option of playing CDs on my BeoCenter 2 on the rare occasion that I might need to.

Try this:

pressing "DVD" starts a CD with OSD on your TV
    pressing "LIST" and selecting "AV" + "DVD" should start a CD with your TV remaining in "audio mode"

works on BV10/40 + BC2 (no ML, just SCART, A.Opt 0, V.Opt. 2) 
    Caution! you can't access FM-Radio via SCART

• 07-30-2010 7:29 AM In reply to

Vienna:

beojeff:

However, it would be nice to still have the option of playing CDs on my BeoCenter 2 on the rare occasion that I might need to.

Try this:

pressing "DVD" starts a CD with OSD on your TV
    pressing "LIST" and selecting "AV" + "DVD" should start a CD with your TV remaining in "audio mode"

works on BV10/40 + BC2 (no ML, just SCART, A.Opt 0, V.Opt. 2) 
    Caution! you can't access FM-Radio via SCART

I just now tried it. It works. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)