in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-03-2007 10:32 PM by Dave. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2007 11:11 PM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Comparison: Beocenter 2 vs Beovision 7- DVD-players!?

Witch one of these two have the best sound and picture quality do you think?

Are the Beocenter much better or just a little bit?

I like the sound from the BV 7! I think the sound is deep and have much soft deep crisp detail. With: (BL9) BL8000)

The picture i most say is very nice as well..!

The Beocenter i think it sounds a little bit thinner and more undefined but brighter in the sound with the BL9 and BL8000 as reference.

The picture: I cant see any big difference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

Have someone  little more inside component specs on these two??

Signal/Noise ratio:

100 d/B, A weighted BV-7.

105 d/b A weighted BC3

D/A converters .......?

Best Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 07-03-2007 2:34 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Comparison: Beocenter 2 vs Beovision 7- DVD-players!?

Specs mean nothing. BeoCenter 2 is better to my ears, but I suggest you ask your dealer if you can do a side-by-side comparison. Don't forget the BeoCenter 2 also gives you radio...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-03-2007 3:02 AM In reply to

Very difficult question to answer. Big Smile

You would have to go to some lengths to eliminate source independent differences first. You're already using the same speaker setup with both, so that goes some way. (I'm assuming that you are - if you are listening to two different setups in a store, then you can't compare. The speakers should be the same, and in the same position, when playing both units).

Then you have to ensure that bass/treble/loudness, etc. is comparable between the two. I doubt that just setting them to neutral and loudness OFF on both would mean they are identical.
    Then you have to make certain that the volume output is as near identical, down to a "fraction" of a db, as you can get. You'd be surprised by how just one db extra "soundweight" from a setup can have you thinking one plays better than the other.

Now you're set to compare.
    Going by my ears, I like both. I once had fun with playing a BV7 with 7.2, set up with two BL8000s that weren't connected, for an audience that thought all loudspeakers were working. They were surprised to learn it was only the 7.2 that was on.

• 07-03-2007 5:24 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I can't stand my BV7 DVD player. The same movie on, say, BBC HD, is more clear, vibrant and brighter than watched via DVD on the BV7 DVD player. A DVD-based movie such as The Da Vinci Code is so dark on my BV7, that's it is almost unbearable.

No idea if watching the same DVD on the Beocenter 2 is any better, but it can't be any worse. 

• 07-03-2007 8:14 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

That's because when you watch through Sky HD, it's upscaled. With the BeoVision 7 DVD player, it doesn't really do much in the way of upscaling. Much more impressive on a BeoSystem 3 based BeoVision!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-03-2007 4:41 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

BeoSystem 3

What is the price on the BS3? And can i connect it to a BV 7-40 720p TV?

BL8000 MkII Black

• 07-03-2007 6:07 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSystem 3

The BV7 with BS3 is on sale in the US, so only a matter of time before it's in the stores in EU I think.

the BV7 and BC2 used the same pioneer DVD drive.

• 07-03-2007 10:21 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

bang1:

The BV7 with BS3 is on sale in the US, so only a matter of time before it's in the stores in EU I think.

the BV7 and BC2 used the same pioneer DVD drive.

Thats why i ask for us ho have the "OLD" 720p BV 7 can connect a BS3 via Master link or something, for better picture like the new BV 7?

BL8000 MkII Black

• 07-03-2007 10:32 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The beosystem 3 isn't far from costing as much as a BV7! 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)