in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-23-2010 9:14 AM by xegoon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2010 6:53 AM

• LarsH
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-23-2007
    • Uppsala, Sweden
    • Posts 42
    • Gold Member

BeoSound 5 - Poor quality on cover art - what to do?

Hi All!

I am a happy owner of a BeoSound 5 since a week back.There is one thing that annoys me. Looking at the BeoSound 5 in the B&O store, the cover art is great, but not on mine.

I use either Windows Media Player or BeoPlayer (which uses WMP) to RIP CD's in lossless format. Then I transfer the music via USB port on the BeoMaster 5. Fine with the music quality, but why is the cover art so grainy.

Anyone else with similar experience, and even more important, has anyone found a solution to update cover art to better quality pics?

Best Regards, Lars

Filed under: ,
  • 04-23-2010 7:02 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: BeoSound 5 - Poor quality on cover art - what to do?

What is the quality like of the covers when you view them on you PC using BeoPlayer?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-23-2010 7:09 AM In reply to

• LarsH
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-23-2007
    • Uppsala, Sweden
    • Posts 42
    • Gold Member

I can't change the setting, or in other words, I haven't been able to change setting for cover art.

Do you know where to find that?

• 04-23-2010 7:59 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Not helping here I appreciate, but can someone tell me where the Beosound 5 gets its artwork from? I assume it's by means of the internet somehow. Am I correct?

If so, is it from a specific default site via the Beosound 5 or PC? 

• 04-23-2010 8:16 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

In fact, the cover art is  the "embbeded" image in the song tag.

There is a hidden file with the song and it's unfortunatly a low-res image, for the thumbnail view in WMP.

The only solution is scanning the CD cover or find a mid or high-res image on the Net.

I've choose the 2nd solution and it's very fast and quick.

Then replace the image in BeoPlayer or upload the image in the music folder on BeoMaster 5.

It's a bit annoying but the BeoSound 5 deserves the best, the screen is fantastic.

• 04-23-2010 8:24 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

I understand now!

I can only speak regarding my Apple TV & iTunes. The artwork from the iTunes Store is of a very high quality, but if it's not available or I prefer to change the album artwork for any reason, I find the best resolution image availableon the 'net, download it and drag it into iTunes.

• 04-23-2010 9:14 AM In reply to

steph:
    (...) The only solution is scanning the CD cover or find a mid or high-res image on the Net. (...)

Infact, under Windows OS is the only way to view a high res. picture as cover art. I'd recommend you pics from 500x500 pixels (not under).

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)