in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-24-2010 3:36 AM by Daniel. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2010 1:12 PM

• Porto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

B&O in West Sussex

Hi all,

This is my first post ( one of many I Hope), and was wondering if there was a B&O dealer in Hants or West Sussex?

The nearest one to me seems to be Winchester which isn't exactly round the corner!

I thought there was one in Chichester but looking on the Bang & Olufsen web-site it isn;t listed anymore.

My husband is very keen on a new TV and audio system as his old Avant needs upgrading.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 04-20-2010 1:57 PM In reply to

Re: B&O in West Sussex

I'm surprised there isn't a huge number of dealers posting here....

Best advice is to look at 2nd user companies (various links of this site) as opposed to ebay as such if you don't mind / need brand new equipment. There's plenty of bargins there!

For new equipment, ring round a few dealers most will include delivery and setup if you are buying new, the nearest may not be the cheapest / best for you!

Good Luck!

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 04-20-2010 2:16 PM In reply to

There used to be one in Horsham but closed down this year. There is one in Guildford but there is still one in Chichester.

good luck

• 04-20-2010 2:48 PM In reply to

Regards Graham

• 04-21-2010 5:13 AM In reply to

• Porto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

The link to the Chichester branch web-site doesn;t work, and like I say B&O don;t list the store on their home page.

If I buy a 2nd life product will they have the latest technology i.e Freeview HD built in?

If it doesn;t, how much is it going to cost to upgrade?

• 04-21-2010 8:59 AM In reply to

• seal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2010
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Hi there,

Hopefully we can help you, I managed the B&O store in Horsham West Sussex before it sadly closed in February, I now look after the Bournemouth store.

Although a few miles away, we do have many customers in the London & surrounding area's including West Sussex.  As I live in the Horsham district it is easy for me to still offer a personal service.

At Bang & Olufsen Bournemouth, we pride ourselves as being the oldest dealer in the UK starting way back in 1964. From your first thoughts of Bang & Olufsen to our bespoke installation stage, our dedicated sales, technical advisers and installation engineers will take it into our own hands to make your system paramount. Our aim is to make you love Bang & Olufsen as much as we do!

Please visit our website http://beostores.bang-olufsen.co.uk/dorset-bournemouth/welcome or our parent company www.dawsonsgroup.com where our demonstration suites can be viewed.  Or simply call 01202 752000

I look forward to hearing from you

Best regards

Colin Seal

• 04-21-2010 9:35 AM In reply to

Although I don't live in West Sussex, I do have a place there for the weekends. I tend to go once or twice a month.

I am a huge B&O fan and have various bits in my house in Surrey, but also in West Sussex. My local dealer has help me a lot in the past and I highly recommend him. Bang & Olufsen of Windsor. They take care of all the installation, and match any price around as far as I'm aware.

• 04-23-2010 6:12 AM In reply to

• Porto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for that, i'll give them a ring as my husband wants to go and visit and have a look and play with the Beovision 7-40 and maybe a Beosound 9000 and pair of speakers.

We'll also ask them about the Freeview HD.

• 04-24-2010 3:36 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Good luck, and keep us posted what you buy.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)