in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-21-2007 1:32 PM by Tom. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2007 8:42 AM

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

The iPhone comes to Germany

Now it is official: on november 9th, the iPhone will be launched in Germany, by T-Mobile. But unfortunately, no other countries in Europe are considered for a launch this year. Sad

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-19-2007 8:44 AM In reply to

• pehre
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Re: The iPhone comes to Germany

o2 in GB, 9.November to
  • 09-19-2007 9:22 AM In reply to

It's now quite straightforward to open your iPhone for use on any service provider. Just make sure you don't upgrade iTunes to 7.4 and search on the net for the instructions. It's a software hack, which means that you are not modifying the simcard.

• 09-20-2007 12:10 PM In reply to

Sorry Apple, but I'm going to hold out for a 3g iphone, plus my orange contract doesn't expire until January!
  • 09-20-2007 6:36 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

It seems Apple may become the new Microsoft re. tying people into things they don't want! Even the BBC have an article about it!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-21-2007 2:33 AM In reply to

Puncher:
    It seems Apple may become the new Microsoft re. tying people into things they don't want! Even the BBC have an article about it!

Have you tried an iPhone? It's a lust for, "my precious" object once you've fiddled with it for a couple of minutes.

And there are strong rumours it will be 3G in Europe ... at least Apple has secured the parts required. 

• 09-21-2007 4:25 AM In reply to

soundproof:

Puncher:

Have you tried an iPhone? It's a lust for, "my precious" object once you've fiddled with it for a couple of minutes.

And there are strong rumours it will be 3G in Europe ... at least Apple has secured the parts required. 

Yes, but not when it launches..... I don't want to get tied into a 2 year deal without being able to upgrade it to 3G when it is launched, so I'll wait....

• 09-21-2007 7:10 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Not for a casual, infrequent user like me I'm afraid - too big to fit in my jeans' pocket, too expensive and I won't use many (any??) of it's non-phone features. For those where none of these are true then fine.

By the same token I'm sure if Apple (or B&O for that matter) released a pair of bean tins connected by a length of string there would still be some who bought themLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-21-2007 1:32 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

I feel the same way. The difference between Apple and MS is that Apple is not that strong (yet), but they begin to behave in the same way. And the situation with MS and Windows Media Player is comparable to Apple and Quick Time, which is installed on every iMac.

I fear that the iPhone can not be sold here in Luxembourg (and in other countres, like France), because it is forbidden to sell sim-locked phones here. As the iPhone seems to be sold only by a provider, I can't imagine what they will do over here...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)