in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-28-2010 1:06 AM by Jon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2010 7:46 PM

speaker design

Hi Having recently retrieved a set of Beovox 1500 speakers, dumped at my local recycling center just to test a pair of old Radford MA 25 Valve amps, that i was thinking of selling, i've been so impressed wth the sound of the B and O's that i thought i might buy new one's, but having looked at there adverts it seems they no longer make normal speakers only odd shapes more suited to say offices or ultra modern houses, those cone shaped ones look like bins for collecting cigarette butts. I know the sound is the most important feature but i would like nice looking speakers as well. Maybe i'm looking at the wrong adverts.

• 08-28-2010 1:06 AM In reply to

• Jon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2009
    • Posts 138
    • Bronze Member

Re: speaker design

radford:

Hi Having recently retrieved a set of Beovox 1500 speakers, dumped at my local recycling center just to test a pair of old Radford MA 25 Valve amps, that i was thinking of selling, i've been so impressed wth the sound of the B and O's that i thought i might buy new one's, but having looked at there adverts it seems they no longer make normal speakers only odd shapes more suited to say offices or ultra modern houses, those cone shaped ones look like bins for collecting cigarette butts. I know the sound is the most important feature but i would like nice looking speakers as well. Maybe i'm looking at the wrong adverts.

Haha! That cracked me up!

No, B&O don't make anything "normal" looking anymore. But I think most of their product range is very handsome. If you're set on some B&O gear and want something a bit more traditional looking, look for their 80's and 90's stuff. Be prepared to have to do a bit of restoration work though (refoaming, recapping, etc.).

Jon

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)