in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-27-2010 4:35 PM by The Plumber. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-26-2010 4:00 PM

BV3 questions

Hi Folks, I have a BV3 28 at the moment which has Masterlink, stb controller and sockets for beolab speakers. What is the technical name for the speaker connections? Is it a Sound Module? The reason i ask is that im eyeing up a BV3 32 and have asked the seller if the tv accepts beolab speakers to which he replies no. So should the BV3 32 come with the 'Sound Module'(speaker connections) as standard? If not can the speaker connections (Sound Module? 'or whatever its called') be removed from the 28 and fitted in the 32? If the 'Sound Module?'(speaker connections) cant be swapped over, does anyone know the cost/part number of the bits i need to make the 32 accept beolabs? Hope all that makes sense and thanks in advance for any advice offered. Mark.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 05-26-2010 4:29 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: BV3 questions

Hi Mark as I understand it. The BV3-28 has two Powerlink connection, but I don't think they can be removed. Or at least I have never heard of it been done. Think they came like this as standard. With the BV3-32 there are no connections as standard. You would need a surround sound module (think that is the correct name) Not sure how it would work with just two speakers as I don't have one in mine. You may just be able to use one of the different settings. One wil give you just Stereo, I believe. They do come up on Ebay from time to time if you fancy having a go at fitting it yourself.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-26-2010 4:55 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Craig:
    Not sure how it would work with just two speakers as I don't have one in mine. You may just be able to use one of the different settings. One wil give you just Stereo, I believe.

You'll need a Dolby® Digital Module - Type 4003

This works excellently with just 2 additional B&O speakers configured as "Front" and "None" as rear.
    The internal BV3-32 speakers are by default switched to mono - beeing the "Center" at Video sources
    and switched "Off" by default at audio (coming from a B&O music system).

Speaker setting can be manually overruled by selecting "Speaker" from "List" and pressing "1" "2" or "3" 
    correspondig to sound "1" = only the internal, "2" = only external and "3" all speakers. 

• 05-26-2010 6:16 PM In reply to

Craig and Vienna, thanks for responses. I do have the surround module in my BV3 28 (it takes front and rear speakers and sub). I have lab 4000's as front only and the set up is perfect, so i already understand this. So is the surround module in my 28 the same type that will fit the 32? As vienna says i need a type 4003 for the 32? Is that the same type that is fitted in the 28? If so is it something i can swap over myself? Thanks for taking time to help me out. Mark.

• 05-26-2010 7:26 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Unfortunately they are not identical, 3-28 uses a type 4005 , 3-32 uses a type 4003 Digital Surround Sound module

The main chassis of both TV's is completely different!

3-28 is based on BeoVision 1 
    3-32 is more or less an Avant wo VCR/DVD built in

Maybe the DSS-PCB is equal but the rest of the hardware
    (length of cables / mounting frame / ...) will be different.

There is also a very tricky SMD soldering issue on some BV3-32 to do before mounting the DSS-Module.

I STRONGLY recommend to contact local B&O service / a qualified B&O service technician to check possibility
    and costs of swaping the DSS-Module to the 3-32 (serial# of both units will always be helpful to him/her) 

• 05-27-2010 4:35 PM In reply to

Thanks Vienna.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)