in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-13-2010 12:57 PM by Pavlos. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2010 3:32 AM

• Pavlos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2010
    • Nicosia CYPRUS
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

In need of cable to convert the 7-pin male DIN to RCA

This is my first post, although I have been using the site since a long time. A big thank you first to the people that spent their time to put the information down on this site, in order to make it available to people from all around the world....

Was looking for a Turntable and the valuable technical comments of this website were very very useful indeed.

Finally I got 2 turntables. One is RX2 which came with RCA connectors, and the 2nd which I have received yesterday is a 5500. This 2nd one has a 7-pin male DIN connector, which I need to connect to my LUXMAN amplifier.which has only RCA connectors.

Any idea from where I could get this cable ? Is there a pin layout for this cable, as I could do it myself ?

The amplifier has both MM & MC settings. Would any of these be enough, or do I need a preamp as well ?

Thanks

Pavlos Pavlides

Nicosia / Cyprus

• 07-11-2010 4:41 AM In reply to

Re: In need of cable to convert the 7-pin male DIN to RCA

You actually need a 5 pin DIN to 2 RCA and earth connector.You can unscrew pins 6 & 7 on the DIN plug - a good tip from Chris is to tape these pins to the DIN lead so you don't lose them! Have a look here for the correct cable. You need to use the MM setting on the amplifier.

• 07-11-2010 2:33 PM In reply to

• Pavlos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2010
    • Nicosia CYPRUS
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Peter.

Will try this....

• 07-11-2010 4:38 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Hello,

Yes I can confirm that Steve at www.soundsheavenly.co.uk is a nice and helpful guy. Prices are realistic too.

Jacques

Jacques

• 07-13-2010 12:57 PM In reply to

• Pavlos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2010
    • Nicosia CYPRUS
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Jacques. The cable must be on its way to Cyprus ....Very friendly service indeed.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)