in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2010 4:26 PM by waterlander2004. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2010 7:17 AM

Cleaned Penta's stainless steel.

My Beovox Pentas have always looked very grubby and I decided to give them a spring clean. The original owner must have smoked 60 a day because they were absolutely filthy. Baby wipes just turned a nasty yellow-brown but how ever much I cleaned them the speakers remained stained and horrid. So I tried good old Solvo Autosol and they came up like new. I tried on a tiny portion on the back of the speaker first as Autosol is slightly abrasive and didnt want to ruin the speakers but there was no problem at all. It removed all the dirt very quickly and easily.

So if you have dirty pentas with stubborn stains, give autosol a go.

• 04-28-2010 7:19 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Cleaned Penta's stainless steel.

Fantastic stuff Autosol, been around for years.Yes -  thumbs up

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-28-2010 8:25 AM In reply to

Would this perhaps also work for polishing the metal covers (CD and tape) of a Beocenter 9500?

September 2009 1st prize winner.... 

• 04-28-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

I've always used a glass cleaner with vinegar + a microfibre cloth. Always works a treat.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-28-2010 9:49 AM In reply to

j0hnbarker:

I've always used a glass cleaner with vinegar + a microfibre cloth. Always works a treat.

Trust me I tried! This was an impenetrable layer of yellow-brown nicotine. Not nice at all.

• 04-28-2010 10:01 AM In reply to

beaker:

j0hnbarker:

Trust me I tried! This was an impenetrable layer of yellow-brown nicotine. Not nice at all.

Sounds like you needed shot-blasting!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-28-2010 11:24 AM In reply to

I've always thought that it is the people who smoke inside that need shot-blasting Angry

-mika

• 04-28-2010 1:07 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

waterlander2004:

Would this perhaps also work for polishing the metal covers (CD and tape) of a Beocenter 9500?

NO - never use anything even mildly abrasive on these mirrored anodised aluminium panels. If they are scuffed then that is how they will stay I'm afarid. Any attempt to remove anything other than surface grime will ruin them & the more you do the worse they will look. This also applies to the panels on the 4500 system.

Penta's have stainless steel panels with no surace treatment other than the factory polish which is why this type of prodcut is perfectly safe to use on them.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-28-2010 4:26 PM In reply to

Thanks Chris,

That is good advice... I am glad I didn't try it!

Kind regards, Eric

September 2009 1st prize winner.... 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)