in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-10-2010 6:45 AM by beoblok. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2010 9:52 PM

What brand is this dimmer?

What brand is this dimmer? 

Sorry, I can't find the brand on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcntrl#p/a/u/1/tTVMH81ScBg

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 03-07-2010 6:53 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: What brand is this dimmer?

Can't answer your query and I'd be interested to know also, but viewing the video I can't help thinking what were the intentions of its maker. It's poorly shot and totally devoid of any information! A waste of time.

• 03-07-2010 7:10 AM In reply to

It looks exactly like this: http://www.elonlinesalg.dk/lk-fuga-afbrydere-hvid/lk-fuga-lysdaemper-touch-350uni-hvid.htm (the lower part/frame of the "dimmer box" in the video, is the only original part) - It has then been built in a standard Danish LK outlet-box.

However, it's a LK type (Lauritz Knudsen) who makes the Danish standard formats for wall plugs. You can also just remove your regular on/off wall switch for your diner table lamp, and replace it with this one, and bingo; you can dim the light with beo-remote control.

It propably won't fit very beautiful in non-Danish homes, due to it's "Danish standard size".

In the video it seems attached to a wall plug.

I would recommend this one for you: http://www.rabat-vvs.dk/detail.asp?x=&menu=..2,57&detail=4859 It works beautifully, however I wouldn't know if it fits US 110 volt, I use it in Denmark (230 volt)

(You may want to translate the pages to English, using Google Translate)

• 03-08-2010 9:01 AM In reply to

Hi

I myself have the Fuga dimmer installed different places and it works very well. However it is not in any way like the LC2. You cant set up scenarios etc. You dimm the light by either pressing the switch by finger, or holding down on of the (by yourself chosen) coloured buttons on your beo4 remote. Therefore the limitations are also only four dimmers in each room (four coloured buttons). The reception is not as good as with the LC2. You have to point your remote in the direction of the dimmer, however, i am very satisfied and they work like i expected them to.

/Ehlerz 

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 03-08-2010 3:47 PM In reply to

• beoblok
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2008
    • Finland
    • Posts 80
    • Bronze Member

agenten007 wrote,

I would recommend this one for you: http://www.rabat-vvs.dk/detail.asp?x=&menu=..2,57&detail=4859 It works beautifully, however I wouldn't know if it fits US 110 volt, I use it in Denmark (230 volt)

And I use one of those too. They are affordable, picks up the signal wonderfully, I don't have to aim with the Beo4. You use either the up/ down button to adjust lightning settings or "light" 1 up to 9 are presents. Really great feature I think. One BIG MINUS, I think,  is that the sensor produces a hum. When it's really silent I can hear it buzzing.  

• 03-09-2010 11:49 AM In reply to

It's the same I have.

The buzz noise can be fixed. There seems to be a bad production of these; I sent it in and got it back (they attached some new electronic in it) - and now it's completely silent

• 03-10-2010 6:45 AM In reply to

• beoblok
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2008
    • Finland
    • Posts 80
    • Bronze Member

agenten007,

Many thanks for notifying! I've sent rabat an email and hope we come to a solution.  

Maurice

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)