in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-26-2010 5:41 PM by jk1002. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2010 12:57 PM

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 5 and iTunes how do you make your backup ?

I would like  to have a iTunes library just containing .aac files on my MacBook to sync with my BeoMaster 5, and a second one on a external HD containing the "original" .wav files and compressed .aac files, so I can copy the .aac files onto the iTunes library on my HD for sync.

Any idea how to manage this ? When I just made a copy from iTunes onto the external HD and then cleanup all the .wav files at my iMacBook Tunes library, I couldn play them anymore (got the message that the original files is missing). All the music pieces are ripped from CDs no one was bought at the iTunes shop.

• 05-25-2010 9:34 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 5 and iTunes how do you make your backup ?

while you start itunes, push the "option" button down. this brings up a little pop up that lets you either choose another existing library or create a 2nd one.

You just have to point it to the right location, under preferences -adanved from the menu.

So you would run 2 libraries and would have to change between them when you start itunes.

I hope I got what you want right.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-26-2010 2:55 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Or use a NAS (network hard drive) with itunes server : your second files will be accessible via iTunes on your network.

• 05-26-2010 5:41 PM In reply to

I am using a NAS or lets say used. I have an older Imac with a "G" connection and it causes Itunes serious trouble. It gets very sluggish when files are not on the local drive. I tried initially having everything including the library files on the shared drive, then moved music and in th end movies to local as well.

I think it has to do with that it's trying to open these file to read coverart or someting like that.

Out of my experience, I wouldn't recommend it, maybe it's better with "N" but doubt that.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)