in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2012 9:03 AM by hazeboss. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2012 2:44 PM

Beogram CD 6500 - help with repairs!

Hi, Haven't posted on here for a while but hopefully someone out there will be able to help me out. I have the above CD player with other B&O separates and speakers. Recently I've had problems with the cd tray in that it doesn't load properly. I've had an engineer friend have a look and he says it is the roller mechanism that draws the tray in and out smoothly and in line. It does seem virtually impossible to get parts for this and I was wondering if anyone knows who I can contact to help with this? 

I'm reluctant to approach B&O directly as it is an old system and wonder if they'll just laugh in my face! I would be sad to let the system go though and the penta speakers pack a real punch when I can get a disc to spin up!

Any thoughts?

thanks.Smile

Filed under:
  • 01-07-2012 10:19 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Re: Beogram CD 6500 - help with repairs!

The drawer operates via pulley and rubber belt.  Odds are you need a new belt.  Contact member Dillen (Martin) via PM and he can provide one.  He'll also include written instructions on how to install it - it's not difficult.

• 01-08-2012 9:03 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram CD 6500 - help with repairs!

thanks for your help. I'll send him a message. much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)