in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-18-2010 6:28 AM by Kokomo. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2010 4:23 AM

Beovison 3 picture format

Hi guy's

I'm having a problem with my beovision 3.  It's just come out of storage after a few years and is working fine, but the picture format always starts up on format 1 (4:3 I think) and I want format 3 (16:9). I'm using a Sky box (pace) with the output set to 16:9 so I expected the Beovison3 to automatically change to 16:9, but it doesn't. I can change it manually but can't see how to set format 3 as default or what else I need to do to make it change automatically - any ideas? 

Thanks

Filed under:
  • 03-18-2010 5:04 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovison 3 picture format

I had the same 'problem' for a long time and to my extreme embarrassment I discovered that I had the TV connected to the wrong scart socket on the Digibox. Only one of the two sockets has pin 8 control (which changes picture formats), so a change from one to the other fixed it! I think the sockets are marked TV & Videotape or something similar and I had my lead from the TV plugged into the video one.

One final thing, the scart lead must be 'fully wired' to ensure that pin 8 is connected. 

• 03-18-2010 5:27 AM In reply to

Thanks Kokomo

I just checked my sky box and picture format is set to 16:9 on both locations and scart control is on. All my scarts are fully wired but I changed it anyway just in case but still no change! I'm plugged into the decoder socket but tried the AV socket (DVD on my remote) and still no change.

It's very frustrating having to change it every time, especially when it should change itself! Anyone know if is there a way to change the default?

Thanks

• 03-18-2010 6:28 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Perhaps I may not have explained properly. I'm talking about the sockets on the Digibox, not the Beovision. Only one of the Pace sockets facilitates pin 8 format control and that is the one marked 'TV'. I had my lead from the Beovision plugged into the other one on the Pace box (VCR?) and automatic format switch didn't happen because as I now know this socket doesn't have pin 8 control. Therefore the scart lead MUST be plugged into the 'TV' socket of the Pace box.

Sorry if after all I've suggested you have tried everything without success. I'm out of ideas now!

Good luck anyway. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)