in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-30-2010 1:35 PM by Hirthik. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2010 10:29 AM

Beocom 5 register or reset

I have at last received my Beocom 5 handset... but it refuses to register with my Beocom 6000 base station!! When first powered up, it didn't ask to be registered (which is surprising), and when I key INT it shows "1 C" as though there is another internal handset called "C". This suggests to me that it may have been previously set up in the showroom. If so, how do I reset it?

Most times, when I press anything on the handset it says "Base not found",  and won't do anything else, but occasionally (weird!) it lets me through to the menu, and if I go to Settings / Handset / Register, it just sits there saying "Searching base - Wait..." ... forever. (This of course is after I have warmed up the base station by pressing the button and getting the flashing light.)

Is there a magic keying sequence that will reset the handset to factory settings?

Juan Herrero

• 01-30-2010 1:35 PM In reply to

• Hirthik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2009
    • Seattle, WA
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocom 5 register or reset

In US the release is still delayed.. They promised Jan 25th.. Looks like they still have issues with the software..

Check with the dealer and make sure they fixed all the software bugs in your market..

I returned by BC5, but I still get updates from my dealer about the delay. Hopefully I will buy one for myself next year when they finally get this right..

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)