in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-28-2010 4:32 AM by Alexander. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2009 2:09 AM

Beocenter 2 and Beo 4

Hello from New Zealand.

If I select on the Beo 4 Option/config/Audio as 1   -- I can get my Beo 4 to remote control the Beocentre 2 (Angel Wings) but then the

touch sensitive volume circle on the Beocenter 2 no longer will function.

Any advice on how to fix this so that I can control the volume from both my Beo 4 remote, and the beocenter?

Thanks very Much.

Dr. Alex Luft

• 11-12-2009 5:34 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 2 and Beo 4

What else have you in the room and what option is it set to? Surprised that the volume is not working though - What are the speakers attached to?

• 11-12-2009 2:49 PM In reply to

Are you sticking in a DVD? I think in some option combinations the BC2 may expect to be controlled through the TV / scart - meaning it would be operated through the TV.

For music CDs this should not happen.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 11-16-2009 5:37 AM In reply to

Thank you both for the  response.  Only the beo 4 and bc 2 in the room,  with the bc2 connected to its socket box, then the powerlink into a Denon aplifier,  then off to the two speakers.  I am only playing CD's,  and the beo 4 is set to option 1.  Is that helpful?

• 11-16-2009 11:27 AM In reply to

Try setting it to option 2 in that case! It should work in the option you describe though.

• 11-16-2009 11:40 AM In reply to

I think it may not recognize the powerlink connection correctly , can you try to plug in some headphones and see if that works then .....

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 11-16-2009 3:42 PM In reply to

Alexander:
    Dr. Alex Luft

Hello fellow antipodian

off topic, but I like your avatar/icon

I once had it as my Windows desktop, and set the Windows shutdown sound wave file to

• "I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid."

but after a few quite creepy shutdowns I deleted it Surprise and used

• "Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?"

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-23-2009 9:31 PM In reply to

I set Option to 2 but same problem, the volume would only work through the beo 4, and not on the circular rim on the beo 2.

As suggested, plugging in the head phone socket "released" the wheel and did indeed adjust the volume from the rim, but no sound came from the speakers (Power Link out on the socket box) once headphone plugged in.  Pulling out the powerlink cable from the socket box did not restore bc2 volume control either.

I should say that the powerlink cable (from the socket box to the amp) was made up for me by a third party -- just connecting the left right and ground channels, so perhaps this is the issue?  I did notice extra pin ports on the powerlink socket.

Any help/advice most appreciated.  Apologies for the late responses.

And, Thanks elephant -- I'm glad you figured out the avatar.  I'll try those famous 2001 lines on my Mac.

• 01-28-2010 4:32 AM In reply to

SOLUTION!  Thanks to this nice fellow who supplied the cable -- excellent service, and nicely made cable too!  Beo 2 touch ring works a trick.  Recommended.

From: Steve at Sounds Heavenly [mailto:steve@soundsheavenly.co.uk]
    Sent: Thursday, 21 January 2010 4:52 a.m.
    To: alex@aquavista.org.nz
    Subject: RE: I would like to ask you a question!

Hi,

This can be a problem on some B&O units if there are no Beolab speakers connected (ie. the only output is to a non-B&O amp).  I can provide a cable with additional grounding pins to make the BC2 think that it has B&O speakers connected.  To order, please choose the cable from the link below and add a note in the "Instruction to Seller" box saying "PLEASE ADD GROUND LINK TO POWERLINK TRIGGER" and I will be pleased to modify the cable for you at no extra cost:-

http://soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-pltoamp.htm

The easiest way to make your purchase is directly on our website at the link above, where you can also see our full range of over 200 products at the best prices.  Simply select the items you require, choose the cable lengths from the drop-down menu on the left side of the product page and click on "Add to Cart".  You can pay securely online using any major credit or debit card, or with a PayPal account if you prefer.  You can pay in any currency with no fees and all of our cable prices include FREE Worldwide shipping by Airmail!

Kind regards,

Steve.

Steve Marriott
    Sounds Heavenly

(+44) 0700 345 1681
    www.soundsheavenly.co.uk
    steve@soundsheavenly.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)