in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-13-2010 4:10 PM by DoubleU. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2010 6:58 AM

Troubleshooting AC 50Hz humming in BL3 speakers...

Please help!

Bought my first B&O system about one year ago, added a pair of BL3 in a link room some months later. Have over time noticed a clear and very annoying humming in the link speakers - clearly AC 50Hz coming through. I have tried everything (except the right thing, obviously): Turned off all possible electronic equipment near the speakers - still humming. Exchanged the ML box - still humming. Had the electrician there to check the Lex Com Home system - slight reduction but still humming. Connected BL3 direct to source - still humming. Swithed positions with my BL4 - still humming in the BL3 (!). Brought the BL3 speakers to my dealer and hooked them up - NO HUMMING. Only thing I have not yet tried is exchanging the power module in the Lex Com Home system.

Does anyone have aclue on what I should try next - I am completely at a loss...Confused

Looking back, I should have turned to you guys in the first place - I always knew the true B&O experts reside here!

Thanks in advance,

Anniber

• 01-13-2010 7:29 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: Troubleshooting AC 50Hz humming in BL3 speakers...

What leads are you using to connect your BL3s? I understand correct screening is very important with these speakers.

See HERE for further info.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-13-2010 10:17 AM In reply to

Thanks Puncher!  Smile

I will have a look at this when I am closer to my speakers (ie when I get home from work...). The speakers are installed by my B&O dealer, so I was presuming they knew what gear to use. Maybe I will have to review that opinion...  Hmm

I will post later when I have checked!

/Anniber

• 01-13-2010 4:10 PM In reply to

You will get the same humming if beolabs are connected to dimmable switches, even if it is at his highest point. Beolabs need a stable AC outlet.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)