in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-12-2010 3:55 AM by Jandyt. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2010 4:42 PM

• Astra
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-09-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

4x Faulty Beocom 6000 Mk1 - Lots of Questions

Hi.  I have 4 faulty Mk1 Beocom 6000s with the metal loop style charging bases.  3 have a non functioning settings button, the other will not connect to a base station.  I have read through posts on here and found out that these can be upgraded to Mk2s (p/n 3455103), fixing the issues I'm having.  However, I no longer need the phones and therefore I am investigating options: 

• Sell them as is - would they sell?
    • Fix them and sell them - is it worth my while?

How easy is the upgrade to do?  I'm pretty technically minded, so feel comfortable doing it, but just need a bit of guidance - i.e. how do I open them?  Also, does anyone know the current price of the upgrade kit?  Can I mail order them from somewhere?  My nearest B&O dealer is about 35miles away, so would like to avoid collecting if possible.

Also - how do I know if the base will still charge the phone after upgrading?  I have no idea what software version they are running.  Is it possible to tell by visual inspection of the base unit?

If I opt to selling faulty, is there any way I can remove the stored contacts on the 3 where the settings button doesn't work?

I have not seen any with the metal loop bases on ebay - are these less desirable that the pyramid base versions?

Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks. Beer
  • 01-11-2010 2:49 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: 4x Faulty Beocom 6000 Mk1 - Lots of Questions

Hi Astra.
    Sorry it has taken so long to get a reply.
    Have a look here, it may give you an idea. Do be aware that that post was written 2 years ago. 
    There is a special B&O tool to open them, but I do it with judicial use of cut-up credit cards.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-11-2010 5:07 PM In reply to

• Astra
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-09-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that post before.

I may just buy one kit first to make sure it all goes ok.  I assume I need to remove the 2 torx screws under the battery and prise it all apart?  Also - will it be obvious where those small parts in the kit need fitting?

Does anyone on here sell the kits?

• 01-12-2010 3:55 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Don't use a screw driver to prise it apart, you will spoil the case.
    To the best of my knowledge, the kits are only available from B&O dealers.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)