in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2010 2:36 AM by elephant. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2010 4:46 PM

Connection to Surround Sound

Hello, I wonder if anyone knows how to do this ? I have an Overture, running a pair of 6000 speakers and also linked via Masterlink cable to 2 x Beolab 3500 speaker units. All working lovely and has done for years. In another room in the house I have a really good Samsung surround sound system with an Audio In facility via a left and right channel Phone sockets. You can hookup an external source to the surround sound system and select AUX to play it. At the moment I have an Ipod connection in this. I would like to feed my B&O music through the Samsung system. How can I do this ? Is it even possible ?

• 01-04-2010 5:27 PM In reply to

Re: Connection to Surround Sound

The Overture has these connections:

Power Link (two) 
    AUX 
    FM aerial, 75 ohm 
    AM aerial (Dedicated) 
    Master Link (ML) 
    Headphone/Mini jack 

So:

1/ do you know if the AUX DIN is bi-directional ? can you output a line level signal through it ?

2/ does plugging in a headphone into the Overture mute the attached speakers

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-04-2010 5:59 PM In reply to

You only have one AUX socket, so that can either be an input or an output.  If you are using it as an input from your ipod, you can't simultaneously output it.

If the AUX socket is free you can output the sound via a DIN to RCA cable, which would let you use the overture as a CD/TAPE/Radio player and feed it in to the surround.

• 01-04-2010 6:16 PM In reply to

macjonny1:
    You only have one AUX socket, so that can either be an input or an output

DIN plugs can be input+output (e.g. for recording and playback tape decks) so I thought that with some "clever" wiring it might be possible to split the output pins to the other unit ... might need to be done by some one smarter than me to ensure that the iPod is protected 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-05-2010 2:05 AM In reply to

I plugged a Din to RCS cable from the Overture to the AUX on the Surround Sound, but nothing. I think the Din socket on the Overture is input only ?

• 01-05-2010 2:07 AM In reply to

Im not sure if it is Bi directional, although I have connected a Din to RCA cable from it to the AUX on the Samsung and nothing.

• 01-05-2010 2:36 AM In reply to

That may depend on whether or not the DIN you picked was fully wired

Bottom left of this page shows the full DIN pin wiring as used by B&O

http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/mclconn3.htm

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)