in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-07-2008 2:32 AM by soundproof. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2008 1:00 AM

Hot to connect speakers to a no surround TV and music system

My setup is Beovision 8 with Beocenter 2. My Lab 3/ Lab2 combination is attached to the TV.

Are there reasons when to connect the speaker to the TV versus the music system? I know for most with surround this is not really a question but I am wondering what people choose and why. 

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-07-2008 2:32 AM In reply to

Re: Hot to connect speakers to a no surround TV and music system

Well, your amplifiers are in the speakers, which means that factor is out of the equation.

Since the BV8 doesn't have a surround module, you're then left with choosing the best path from the dvd/cd-player to the speakers, which means that you should run the TV sound (from your STB) to the BC2, and connect your speakers to it -- and I do believe that your BC2 processes surround, which is another reason for doing that. 

I'd still do it if it was connected to a BS3200, for instance. And in your case I'd try to see if it was possible to use the BV8 speakers as center speakers - but maybe someone else here has advice on how to do that. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)