in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-11-2009 5:46 AM by timclifford. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2009 5:47 PM

Penta Lab One - humming and thumps on starting up and shutting down

I have three questions if anyone can help me please....

One of my Penta Lab Ones 6602 serial number 05207700 (- the tall hexagon ones with built in active power amps at the bottom) has started humming all the time that it is playing music, it also thumps on start up and has to be put to sleep manually with the switch on the front...what has gone wrong?  Can it be repaired?

The Speaker A outputs on my B&O 9000 Centre (CD/Tape/Radio/Amp)don't work anymore but the Speaker B ones do.  So I have used the B socket.  is this a problem?  Can it be repaired?

My remote control for the 9000 does not work - do they suffer from dry joints?

I love my B&O and can't afford to replace it plus I prefer my current system to the new stuff - if I could get it working fully again!  Any help would be appreciated. 

Many thanksSmile

• 12-10-2009 10:51 AM In reply to

• Stoney3K
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Eindhoven, NL
    • Posts 91
    • Silver Member

Re: Penta Lab One - humming and thumps on starting up and shutting down

The humming and thumps sound like the power capacitors may be dying, and the power supply may be leaking AC hum onto the main amplifier supply voltage.

• 12-11-2009 5:46 AM In reply to

Re: Penta Lab One - humming and thumps on starting up and shutting down

thank you, are they replaceable? is it easy?  any idea on cost? 

Many thanks and happy Christmas

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)