in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-09-2009 10:39 AM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2009 8:53 AM

Newbie to the B&O family

I was at a private sale event last weekend and just like my wife at a Chanel sale, I went crazy. I always like B&O design but never thought of buying them because of the price. However, the discount just pushed me over the edge.

After a quick discussion and planning, my wife and I decided to go for a more simplie home theatre system to replaced whatever we have at home.

Here is my shopping cart:

Beolab 8000 as the L/R channel

Beolab 4000 as surround speaker

BeoCenter 2 as CD/Radio

Beolab 3 as bedroom speaker (planned to get the beolink to connect)

I intend to connect the speakers to my existing Onkyo 805 as pre-amp and output to my Pioneer 600m plasma, I will also use my Velodyne DD10 as subwoofer (my SVS PB13 ultra maybe a bit too much) and Pioneer blu-ray player.

My question begins here, I want clear dialogue for my center speaker. Which one, Beolab 7-4 or Beolab7-2(7-6), is a better choice for my center speaker?

Can the Beo5 remote be ever be configured to control my 805, HDTV set-top box, and the Pioneer plasma/bluray player as well?

Many Thanks

• 12-09-2009 10:39 AM In reply to

Re: Newbie to the B&O family

I would go for the 7-2 as it is stereo and also matches your other speakers. As long as you have one B&O reote control product (the BC2) , the non B&O can also work - I would suggest you contact Keith when he gets back from his trips. I see no particular problems here! Welcome to Beoworld.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)