in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-13-2009 9:36 AM by Puncher. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2009 4:17 PM

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Request to Mods

I'm reposting this in case it gets lost in the body of the current BV32 thread -

Shouldn't the product page (for the BV32 and all other current products) on the main site list the various "Marks" up to and including the current version on sale and list the differences between them. Not only would it answer this question (in the BV32 thread)  but all future questions of a similar vein.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-11-2009 6:16 PM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Re: Request to Mods

I'd like to second that request.

I'm forever searching the forums to figure out when and what changes have been implemented on various B&O bits!

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 12-12-2009 10:22 AM In reply to

I totally agree!!

-Dimitris

• 12-12-2009 11:36 AM In reply to

Great idea! 

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-12-2009 12:24 PM In reply to

absolute!

• 12-12-2009 3:47 PM In reply to

That is a lot of work. I think we would have to built a team of non mods volunteers to pull this off.

If we create the pages accordingly, I am sure the moderating team will help publishing.

That said, I am here for the forum and service manuals, I rarely use the product pages.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 12-13-2009 9:36 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

jk1002:

That is a lot of work. I think we would have to built a team of non mods volunteers to pull this off.

If we create the pages accordingly, I am sure the moderating team will help publishing.

That said, I am here for the forum and service manuals, I rarely use the product pages.

Cheers

JK

I'm not sure it's necessary for vintage equipment although I agree there may be some effort required to get the current range product pages up to date. Having said that, I've no doubt the info required is already distributed among these pages, and some may have the product range differences in their head (for instance, I'm sure LEE will be fairly conversant with the changes in the BV7 life so far). Once updated I think further page maintenance will become almost trivial as the latest versions of product will be discussed, warts and all, for months before and after release and so the product page update info will be readily available at the time of release.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)