in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-02-2009 6:08 AM by PhilLondon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2009 7:43 PM

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

BEOSOUND 5 AND MAC

HI GUYS

I INSTALLED A BEOSOUND 5 FOR A CUSTOMER THE OTHER DAY, WITH A WINDOWS LAPTOP, EVERYTHING WAS WORKING OK, HOW EVER I WAS OUT TODAY FINISHING THE JOB ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT HE HAS A NEW IMAC (21") i DELETED THE SOFTWARE ON THE LAPTOP PUT BEOCONNECT ON THE MAC AND GOT IT UP AND RUNNING, MY QUESTION IS THIS, IS IT A SIMPLE CASE OF JUST SELECT WHAT YOU WANT FROM ITUNES AND THEN DRAG IT OVER THE B&O ICON, WILL THIS TRANSFER THE MUSIC?? THE OTHER QUESTION IS IF YOU ARE USING ITUNES, CAN YOU USE ITOUCH AS REMOTE TO SEE THE ALBUMS AND THEN SELECT WHAT YOU LIKE AND IT WILL THEN PLAY THROUGH THE LINK SPEAKERS, IN THIS CASE CUSTOMER HAS TWO LAB3500. I HAVE USED THE FUCTION ON WINDOWS PCS AN KNOW HOW TO RIP CD'S SET UP PLAYLISTS, BUT I DID NOT SEE ANY INSTRUCTIONS FOR A MAC. I ASK THE QUESTION ON HERE AS I FEEL BANG & OLUFSEN TECHNICAL UK DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER, BRING BACK THE OLD DAYS WHEN YOU COULD SPEAK TO SOMEBODY THAT KNEW THE PRODUCT INSIDE AND OUT. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP Big Smile

• 12-01-2009 8:01 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: BEOSOUND 5 AND MAC

Yes, it is just as easy as selecting the songs from iTunes and dragging them over the BeoConnect icon.  Note that the BS5 will not play DRM protected songs from the iTunes music store.

No, you cannot control or display from the BS5/BM5 with an iPod Touch.  The BS5 only responds to a Beo4 or Beo5.  The BM5 is an audio master so it can drive link speakers.

Stan

• 12-02-2009 6:08 AM In reply to

Re: BEOSOUND 5 AND MAC

Does your client have another B&O product, like a TV or Hifi, other than the BM5?

If yes, he should buy an Airport Express and connect it to the A.AUX entry (if it is a Hifi) or one of the Scart socket (if it is a TV).

Et voila! You can then call that source from any room and control the sound from an iPod touch/iPhone with the Remote application.

p.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)