in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-23-2009 9:12 AM by epiphone. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-23-2009 7:45 AM

avant 32 vcr and sky+

hi, hope someone can help. i have an avant 32 vcr connected to sky+. i have the beo4 remote that turns the tv on with the tv button, but as the tv comes on all there is is a screen that suggests that the sky+ box is off or in standby so i have to reach around the back of the tv to presss the sky+ button in order to get a tv picture. i did program the sky+ remote the '0118' code but would like to be able to switch on with the be04 remote and go straight to a picture. hope this makes sense and guess i have done something stupid here, but hope someone can tell me what. thanks very much.

• 12-23-2009 8:03 AM In reply to

Re: avant 32 vcr and sky+

You need to press the "Sat" button (the one below the TV button)

• 12-23-2009 8:21 AM In reply to

• klewer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-02-2009
    • UK
    • Posts 4
    • Gold Member

From what I remember, the SKY+ Remote will work with the Avant (but will not turn it on!)

In order to get the Beo4 to work with SKY+, you'll need to see if a set-top box controller is fitted to the Avant. The easiest way is to look around the back and see if there's what looks like a headphone socket. This'll be near the SCART sockets.

Alternatively if you go into Menu then Sources see if the option of "Set-top box" is listed under AV2. If it is, then select it and press "GO" where you'll be shown a list of compatible boxes. If the "PACE SKY+" (or similar) is shown, then you're almost good to go.

If it only shows "SKY DIGITAL" then you'll need a software upgrade. 

Once you've cleared the above hurdles (and assuming that it's worked as above) you'll need a remote lead (around £20-25 from a B&O Dealer) - this runs from the socket mentioned above to a small remote transmitter (that sticks on the front of the SKY+ box)

Sorry if that's a bit exhaustive - it is definitely worth doing though - works a treat on mine.

• 12-23-2009 9:12 AM In reply to

many thanks klewer and blackbird160, it now works a treat. reprogrammed sky+ remote and use the beo4 set to SAT.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)