in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-26-2009 4:54 PM by elephant. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2009 1:48 PM

I just can't help myself...[:)]

Just when I promised myself not to buy any more B&O stuff, apart from the Beovision 10 I hope to get in a year or so, I was offered an immaculate complete Beosystem 7000, complete with Beolink 7000 and the original floorstand. I already have a complete 7000 system, but I ended up buying this one as well as you might have guessed by now…

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-25-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

Re: I just can't help myself...[:)]

Stop being so greedy and let someone else have something.

Although I cant talk because at the moment I have a Beolab 5000 system with BG4000, a full Beolab 8000 sytem and my trusty BM6000 and CDX all in my bedroom. My bed fits in but not a lot elseBig Smile

• 11-25-2009 2:00 PM In reply to

beocool:

Just when I promised myself not to buy any more B&O stuff, apart from the Beovision 10 I hope to get in a year or so, I was offered an immaculate complete Beosystem 7000, complete with Beolink 7000 and the original floorstand. I already have a complete 7000 system, but I ended up buying this one as well as you might have guessed by now…

Cheers my friend Yes -  thumbs upCoffee

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 11-25-2009 5:00 PM In reply to

Two complete 7000 systems - not even I have done that! Are they different colours?

• 11-25-2009 6:34 PM In reply to

Peter :

Two complete 7000 systems - not even I have done that! Are they different colours?

No, both have the standard aluminium finish. But I know a complete white system for sale! 

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-25-2009 6:38 PM In reply to

beocool:

Peter :

No, both have the standard aluminium finish. But I know a complete white system for sale! 

Get it - then you would only have the black left to earn the official BS7000 looney award Laughing

The funny thing is that I see boxes of this form factor piling up at my place as well... although the actual 7000 is at the girlfriend's place, she wouldn't take the white 6500!

-mika

• 11-25-2009 6:39 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Good lad Beocool! Must get my old Beocord 7000 fixed, then we can start an elite club of 2 X 7000 owners! Only got one Beolink 7000 though.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-25-2009 9:24 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

so HOW cheap was it? why would you want to have two if they're excatly the same? Sell one of them?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-26-2009 4:32 AM In reply to

A few reasons:

• The two systems won't share a room. And I don't mind having two exactly the same systems in a different room. I'm not planning on selling anything, but if I do, it probably will be my Beosystem 2300.
    • The Beosystem 7000 I bought is cosmetically in slightly better condition than the one I already had.
    • The record deck of the new system has a good MMC2 element. The one I already has a MMC4 which has seen plenty of life by now.
    • With the Beolink 7000 it's exactly the other way round. The one I have is totally spotless and therefore I'm almost afraid to use it. I know this sounds silly... The one I bought looks very good, but I will be able to use it without worries.
    • I always wanted the original floorstand as well.
    • And yes, the price was right.

• 11-26-2009 6:21 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Father I have sinned, but I couldn't stop myself:

beocool:
    • The two systems won't share a room. And I don't mind having two exactly the same systems in a different room. I'm not planning on selling anything, but if I do, it probably will be my Beosystem 2300.
    • The Beosystem 7000 I bought is cosmetically in slightly better condition than the one I already had.
    • The record deck of the new system has a good MMC2 element. The one I already has a MMC4 which has seen plenty of life by now.
    • With the Beolink 7000 it's exactly the other way round. The one I have is totally spotless and therefore I'm almost afraid to use it. I know this sounds silly... The one I bought looks very good, but I will be able to use it without worries.
    • I always wanted the original floorstand as well.
    • And yes, the price was right.

It's OK my son. You're forgiven

Father Confessor

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 11-26-2009 8:04 AM In reply to

• Molotow
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Herning
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

You guys are crazy.....Laughing

• 11-26-2009 2:51 PM In reply to

Well at least the 7000 system has a very good chance of working.  I have an incurable affliction of buying old Beocord 5000s from the 70s knowing the chances of me ever getting them to work is nil.  Even wise words from Martin hasn't seemed to help stop this sad behaviour.

Cleve

• 11-26-2009 3:05 PM In reply to

Yes - that is a forlorn hope! I have had three of these and even the one that Tim actually machined some parts for turned on me and shredded a good tape! Very nice when they work, but...

• 11-26-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

Peter :

Yes - that is a forlorn hope! I have had three of these and even the one that Tim actually machined some parts for turned on me and shredded a good tape! Very nice when they work, but...

I know Peter, but they look so beautiful in conjunction with a BG 400X and a BM 4400 and they are B&O through and through.

Cleve 

• 11-26-2009 4:54 PM In reply to

I can't help myself either ...

-- On Wednesday I was gifted a Beogram 1200

-- And I am drooling over eBay for Christmas

-- And I have 3 5000 systems

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)