in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-06-2011 4:05 AM by Hildebrand. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2011 9:15 AM

• jlputz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beomedia 1 - how to switch off the TV Screen (Beovision 4/Beosystem 2)

Hi,

I just bought an used Beomedia 1 which works well in my Beovision 4 - Beosystem 2 Setup. But isn't it possible to switch off the TV Screen and to listen only to the music ?

The only solution I found was to set the grey out level to 255, which would make the screen all black after a few minutes, but the screen remains switched on. The problem is, that my Beovision 4-50 makes some annoying background noise.

Thanks for all answers !

• 01-31-2011 11:24 AM In reply to

Re: Beomedia 1 - how to switch off the TV Screen (Beovision 4/Beosystem 2)

I dont know the Beomedia 1 ... but is it possible to add [P.MUTE] to your Beo4 and use that to "mute" the picture?

That's what I use when my BV is in PC mode for an extended period of time.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-31-2011 1:05 PM In reply to

what about AV PC or AV V.AUX (if present in the Beo4)?

And if the BM1 is the solemnly Audio doesn't it respond on N.Music (=A.Tape2)

• 01-31-2011 6:53 PM In reply to

• jlputz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks a lot ! really !!

Somethings things are so close and you can't figure them out ...

My BM1 was setup as V.TAPE2, so it didn't work. As V.AUX it now works perfectly.

It also reacts on A.TAPE2, but I can't imagine how to use it properly - it seems hard to navigate with the little information displayed on the BeoCenter 2 screen. 

I guess you know a lot about B&O equipments (whereas I only started to discover) ... so maybe you have an idea about the background noise of the older Beovision 4-50 plasma panels ? That's the reason why I absolutely needed a solution to switch off the screen.

Greetings from Luxemburg.

• 02-01-2011 2:23 AM In reply to

if you start to listen; start V.Aux and choose the music you want on screen (program a playlist?)

If done start A.Tape2 the BV4 will switch off but you still will hear your music.

the background noise will presumably be caused by a cooling fan. maybe it has to be replaced

• 03-06-2011 4:05 AM In reply to

What version of the Beo4 software must be present before [P.MUTE] shows up as an available option under ADD?

What would the cost be in order to upgarde ones Beo4 software in order to get that functionality?

I have tried several times to locate [P.MUTE] without any luck.  It would be so nice to turn off the BV4-50 while I am listen to my BeoSound 9000!

Hiller

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)