in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-22-2007 3:37 AM by Stars. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2007 3:09 AM

Who was at the polo?

Hi to all,

Lee's up and coming News article should update you all with the "new BeoWorld's" first non-Internet advertising campaign at The Guards polo club in Berkshire, UK.

However, I would ask kindly if all the new members that registered with us on Sunday would reveal themselves here, perhaps express their thoughts and opinions of the polo and BeoWorld booths, and finally a short intro to yourself.

Some of you have emailed me about problems with completing the final process of your BeoWorld membership registration. I have now replied to all of you, however if you're still having problems and have lost my private email address, here is my alternate private email address which I check daily at the moment: wimbledon172@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks guys,

Henry

• 06-21-2007 5:57 AM In reply to

• oly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Re: Who was at the polo?

Hey Beoworld. My name is Jerry. I love my B&O which includes BS9000, BL8000, BL2000 and BL3500. I had never heard of Beoworld until Sunday when I approached the Beoworld trade stand at The Guards. I was greated by Henry and Celine who were very kind and gave me the rundown to Beoworld. I began to love the website the moment Henry gave me a quick browse of the forum, product directories and the prize draw. Within 5 minutes he had already signed me up with Beoworld which I was quite chuffed about. I returned to the Beoworld stand a few hours later after noticing the many many people crouding to see the Beoworld stand and was finally convinced by Henry to enter the Beoworld lucky dip.

I am very happy to have been introduced to Beoworld, because until now I have never really known anybody I could have a keen B&O chat with, especially my wife! I am also very happy with winning a B&O hardback book and gold memberhsip from the Beoworld lucky dip!

Thanks to all of you involved, and hello to everyone else.

• 06-21-2007 6:04 AM In reply to

Welcome to Beoworld! You have a good collection there of some of the classic pieces! Henry is clearly a good ambassador!
  • 06-21-2007 7:16 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Sounds like fun! Welcome to BeoWorld Smile

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-21-2007 7:25 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Welcome to the forum! Good job, Henry Yes

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-21-2007 8:10 AM In reply to

• P0L0
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Greetings BeoWorld.

My name is Anthony Goldman and I am the owner of The Guards polo club. I have a good range of B&O myself and am interested in the recent BeoVision 9. Do any of you own a BeoVision 9 yet? And what is it you like most about the BeoVision 9?

Will return back on topic now before Henry tells me off. The BeoWorld stands were without doubt the most desirable and attractive on site. The VIP BeoWorld stand was also much discussed amongst my guests at our table for lunch, and it was my pleasure to go ahead with the idea. Congratulations to Shun, I hope you're having fun with your new BeoSound 1.

• 06-21-2007 8:36 AM In reply to

• Benny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi I am Ben, from Henley, work for Vodafone UK as a graduate and also came across Beoworld at the polo final this past weekend. 
    First things first, let me express that I'm quite B&O mad. This love is thanks to my parents who bought me a bs4 and bl4 for christmas. Since then I have discovered a great deal more about B&O and there current range of stereos, tvs and speakers, INCLUDING their price tag too! Initially I was quite happy with my bl4, but was soon disappointed when I went to a B&O dealer and saw bl9. Sadly I did not win any prizes with the Beoworld lucky dip, so I intend to remain persistent and become a gold member so I'm in the running for the prize draw I've been told about by Paul. I am really sorry that I registered as a bronze member, is there any way I can be changed to gold? Thanks.

Vodafone is now
  • 06-21-2007 8:52 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Benny:

I am really sorry that I registered as a bronze member, is there any way I can be changed to gold? Thanks.

Hi Benny!

Welcome to BeoWorld!

The first time you must register as a bronze member, but you can always upgrade for silver or gold.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 06-21-2007 8:58 AM In reply to

• Benny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the help Daniel.
    Vodafone is now
  • 06-21-2007 9:38 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

A warm welcome to Beoworld on behalf of the team to all new members who signed up at the Polo event.

Also a huge thank you to Henry for showing fantastic initiative and all the obvious hard work which went into this promotion.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-21-2007 11:49 AM In reply to

Thanks for your kind compliments Chris and Tom.

It's nice to see that some of you from the polo have made an appearance here on the forums. I know some of you will be readers, rather than obsessive posters like myself, but BeoWorld is open to everyone with a B&O interest. Upgrading to a Gold Membership not only enters you into the chance of winning some fantastic B&O kit in the monthly prize draws, but also offers financial support for the site, which is only how it is today after lots of effort from a bunch of individuals and a very big bank loan.

Let us know if you have any further problems upgrading Ben, someone will keep you heading in the right direction if necessary.

• 06-21-2007 12:51 PM In reply to

• Boeing
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Founder

Hello Henry, Paul, Celine and fellow Beoworld members. My name is Vaughan, I live in Surrey, work in the airline industry, have a huge interest in everything B&O and I too was aquainted with Beoworld at the polo on Sunday.

Henry introduced me to the website as a whole at the Beoworld stand in the Trade Village, and had clearly mastered his sales pitch by the time I plodded by and took a peek inside the vast Beoworld tent. As someone who cannot simply splash thousands on B&O as some lucky people, I personally believe the prize draw has outstanding odds considering I've only just paid £30 which will last for another 12 months! Well atleast Henry made me believe the odds were good, maybe I've just been jelly-legged as usual, but even so I have very much enjoyed browsing the website in my own time.

I was not aware the event at the polo was a first for Beoworld. If anything the Beoworld stand looked the most veteran and experienced of all the other stands in the Trade Village. I say this because the guys were very hands-on and could naturally manage the ongoing attention that the Beoworld tent was attracting. The other reason is due to the presentation and atmosphere of the BeoWorld stand. The two Audi's either side of the tent gave all passers-by (like innocent me) a focus point which turned your view towards the central table decorated with orchids, two laptop computers, playing Beosound 9000 + Beolab 3s, Beosound 1, Beosound 3, Beomaster 900 (as I was told), B&O CDs and several items of Beoworld merchandise and pocket-size business cards.

Henry and I seemed to get along quite well after he got me all registered as a bronze member and as I was at the polo alone, he invited me to see the VIP Beoworld stand which offered free Champagne, cocktails, orange juice and beers, PLUS free B&O catalogues too - it's good to be rich isn't it! We returned to the main Beoworld stand at 2 o'clock when the winners of the lucky dip were to be called - I didn't win anything, no suprises! And then at 3 o'clock we all shuffled along to watch the polo final from the grandstands, as Henry invited me especially once again Smile

The polo was very entertaining, as each side ping-ponged their goal advantage on the score board. At the end of the third chukka (half time) we went down onto the pitch to tread the divots of the ponies (as they are called in polo, even though they are usually adult females). But as any quality Queen's Cup polo final, the sixth chukka required the final burst of adrenalin from one of the teams to finish champions as Loro Piana really proved at the end.

Hopefully, this has been a very brief summary of my day and opinions as you asked for Henry, but I would suggest that you go see a polo match for real to feel the entirety of the match and just as importantly the morning and early afternoon leading up to the match.

Cheerio.

Fly
  • 06-21-2007 1:07 PM In reply to

I don't suppose we have some pictures! It all sound rather fun! I have been thinking for a while that we should have a mobile display with a few bits that can be shown - I'll get back to restoring my cubes!!

There have been other meetings - Ignace hosted a splendid meeting at his castle! And we have had a number of meetings by the very enthusiastic French team. It would seen the natural reticence of the English has held us back but Henry has clearly put pay to that sort of nonsense and is to be heartily congratulated! I just hope he has not set too high a standard! It sounds like a lot to live up to! Laughing

• 06-21-2007 1:39 PM In reply to

• Boeing
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Founder

Oh and thanks for helping me become a gold member Henry, all seems done, and I have access to those other forums too that you mentioned.
    Fly
  • 06-21-2007 1:56 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Welcome to all our new members.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-21-2007 2:24 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Great work by Henry - who has done BeoWorld proud!  I am finalising the news article tonight and it will be on site in a few hours!

It always makes me smile when we find people that really love B&O and then discover BeoWorld. I too was one of those people, and it's like walking into a pub with every friend you have ever had stood at the bar waiting to say hello to you!

Lee

Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-21-2007 3:27 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

A warm welcome to all you new Beoworlders.Big Smile
    In no time at all, you will become addicted, and there is no known cure.
    Henry, you are a superstar! Well done mate. Like Peter, I hope you have some pictures of your great day.
    Kind regards,

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-21-2007 4:05 PM In reply to

We have unfortunately been going through a photos hick-up at the moment, but all the photos that I do have, and have been sent from others have been forwarded on to Lee for his article, and so he can hand pick his preferred photos for himself. As soon as the misplaced photos have been found, I'll post them directly onto this thread, or similar.

Vaughan! Your first post really has made me smile. I wasn't such a fantastic host, so please don't embarress me any further infront of my pals on BeoWorld Laughing

You are such a true gentleman, as every man should aspire to be one day, and it was for this reason that I treated you to the VIP area and the spare VIP grandstand seat which we had, and would have been empty otherwise. Thank you also Vaughan for upgrading to Gold. This is a very rewarding feeling on my side, and one which Lee must feel everyday.

Looking forward to the news article, and to hear from the rest of you that joined BeoWorld on Sunday!

• 06-21-2007 4:06 PM In reply to

You're a Foundation Gold Member too Vaughan! Drinks

I swear these are coming up to the final few now.

• 06-21-2007 4:45 PM In reply to

• Luco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Bon soir Henri, Paul et Celine. J'espere qui vous me rappeler.

My name is Luco. I am French, but live in Berkshire with my family as expats. I had a wondeful day at the polo on the weekend, and meeting the Beoworld group was a new experience and a happy suprise as I buy Bang & Olufsen equiptment too.

• 06-21-2007 5:24 PM In reply to

Have already said hi elsewhere on the forum so I won't repeat myself. Any news of Nazeer Henry? We started speaking after registering at the stand, very nice chap.
  • 06-22-2007 3:37 AM In reply to

Hi Luco, welcome to BeoWorld! Plenty to read and browse here if you've got your own B&O. I used to read under the FAQ sheets on products I already owned and would learn a new feature for each one product sheet I read, so a very worth while read.

Shun, Nazeer is on business at the moment and said that BeoWorld got filtered by the company firewall. So he will be completing registration on the weekend.

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)