in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2009 5:01 PM by stefan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2009 4:20 AM

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Assistance needed - BM5 no longer responds to Beo4 commands in PC mode

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my BM5 since yesterday. My BM5 is connected to a BV 7-32 MkI and for some reason the BM5 no longer responds to the Beo4 when selecting PC on the Beo4. I can see the BM5 main menu on the tv (provided that the system is already up and running) but no response to Beo4 commands. When pressing menu I get the BV 7-32 PC source menu rather than the BM5 menu. I have also noticed a red "dot", pretty much like the "off" button in Beoplayer, in the lower right corner of the TV picture which I don't think have been there before. 

Nmusic still works fine in main room as well as in link rooms but I can't make use of the tv anymore. It's if I had just hooked an ordinary computer to the tv, i.e. I get a picture on the tv but nothing more.

I have tried to reboot the system, made a recovery of the system, changed the ML cable to a new one which only runs between my tv and the BM5, but still no success. Any assistance how to solve this problem would therefore be highly appreciated. BM5 is normally set as no Audiomaster since I have a BS 3200 as Audiomaster. After changing the ML cable I have however tried to set is as AM in option 0, 1 and 2 as well.

Best regards,

Emil

Inflagrante

Filed under:
  • 11-01-2009 6:06 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Assistance needed - BM5 no longer responds to Beo4 commands in PC mode

If I understand correctly your BM5 got the standby button on screen, doesn`t respond to Beo4 commands in the mainroom but from linkrooms - is this right?

The red dot in deed indicates a standby mode - usually after a reboot/recovery. Pressing PC - GO should activate your BM5. 

-first step: disconnect the BV7 from the mains for about 10 minutes (you have your PIN code....?!)

-second step: press PC - GO - does the red dot disappear?

- third step: try to activate BM5 from linkroom py pressing PC  - GO (will work only from BL3500, BV6, BC6...)

- fourth step: check your option settings. I assume the speakers are connected to the BV7. So V.OPT should be 2, A.OPT 0 and BM5 NO audiomaster.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 11-01-2009 2:52 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Hi Stefan,

Many thanks for your swift reply. Problem is solved with a second recovery of the system. No idea what happened but as long as everything works fine again I'm with it. 

Currently trying to save some money for the BS5 so hopefully the need for the BV7-32 will be less for me int the future. It is indeed a very nice system. 

Best regards,

Emil

Inflagrante

Filed under:
  • 11-01-2009 5:01 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Glad to hear that your BM5 is working again. Yes I like my BS5 too. 

About 8 weeks til christmas...........good luck.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)