in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2009 2:27 PM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2009 1:59 PM

My tale of good fortune!!

Some of you already know that I have been after a pair of beolab pentas (cheap)! Well after an ad in the wanted section, I was given a heads up on a pair of mk1's on ebay.  I emailed the seller to get a feel for them and he seemed a real nice guy that needed to rid some clutter, He remembered they possibly had a fault or it could have been his beocentre 5000. I put in a fair offer and waited to see what would happen, he accepted the next day and even delivered them the day after! This wasn't even arranged he just turned up at my work with them in his car!  So I got in touch with Steve at sounds heavenly, he made up the required leads and even hand delivered them today!

I am sat in my living room listening to a cd that Steve gave me, and loving the pure sound from these beauties.  

So a big thanks to everyone who have helped and a massive thanks to Steve for the cracking service!Yes -  thumbs up

From a very happy Nick Cheers!

• 10-27-2009 2:29 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Re: My tale of good fortune!!

Alright, time to put the cheesy grin away and get down to some serious ornament bouncing!

Joking apart - brilliant nice to see others have good fortune

ps the Mx7000 is still working well - in the end the problem was the scart card - must have been a dry joint or a track break as only occured when the set was using the scart input, changed the card et voila as the frogs say problem solved - again my thanks to you for the tv's

salut

t

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 10-27-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

No problem, Good things happen to good people!

• 11-01-2009 2:27 PM In reply to

Hi Nick,

Glad you like the cables and the CD!  I agree with you about the sound of Beolab Pentas, they are excellent speakers!  Personally, I prefer the sound when the mid/treble panel in the centre of the left-hand speaker has been turned through 180 degrees, ie. so that both tweeters are on the inner edge.  This gives the sound a little more crispness and clarity IMHO.

To do this, just prise off the lower grille gently with your fingernails and use a Posidrive screwdriver (mk.1's) or star/Torx bit (mk.2/3's) to remove the 6 screws holding the panel, turn it without removing the wires and re-fix the screws.  Simples! Geeked

Best regards,

Steve.

PS. For the record, I can't always promise to hand-deliver EVERYONE'S cables (eg. yesterday's shipments included Vietnam, USA, China, South Korea, France, Poland and Latvia, as well as a few more local ones!) Laughing

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)