in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2009 3:40 PM by Stan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2009 4:03 PM

Update covers

Is there any way you can ask the BS5 in the service menu to update or get covers without having to use the BeoPlayer. I run wireless connection and it is very slow.

What is the easiest way? is there any place you can get the covers?

• 09-25-2009 5:41 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: Update covers

No, you can only update the covers with:

- Beoplayer or
    - Windows Media Player 10 + 11

If you do NOT use WMA losless and go for MP3 you can use any software like

- iTunes
    - Mediamonkey
    - Winamp(?)

to update the covers of your music.

There are websites that offer good quality covers but I didn't found good covers. So I've started my own imposition and began scanning my CD covers manual at home. This is real high resolution but you have to correct errors with a graphics program as the scanner shows and reveals EVERY single dust particle, scratch etc. :-)

• 10-07-2009 8:43 AM In reply to

hmmm. how is the coveres stored in the BM5? as a .jpg? Where? and the same in e.g. Itunes?

Maybe i can copy the cover from Itunes then.

• 10-07-2009 3:40 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Sometimes the covers are embedded within the .mp3/.wma/.acc.  I'm not 100% sure, but I do not think iTunes does this (I'm away from my system so I cannot look).

If there is no image imbedded in the music file, then you can place a file called "folder.jpg" in the folder that contains the album on the BM5 and this is the image that will show whenever a song is played from that folder.

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)