in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-06-2009 3:41 PM by Russ. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2009 3:56 PM

Running Beolab speakers with Runco TV?

I have 4 Beolab 4000's and a Beolab 2 subwoofer connected to a BEO5. Am moving the TV to another room, but for a myriad of reasons am putting a Runco 65" plasma on the wall instead of the BEO4 and would like to use the existing speakers. What do I need to push the TV sound through to these speakers?

• 09-21-2009 11:28 PM In reply to

Re: Running Beolab speakers with Runco TV?

Its not really a surround since you don't have a center is it?

Otherwise, the B&O world carries the surround module within the TV which makes sense as their speakers are amplified. 

So if you are after surround that is what you have to replace, you could buy an surround amplifier with "regulated" line outs and feed that into the active speaker ... last time I checked some high end sonys did have that ....

Otherwise, a Beosystem might work with the runco panel .... is a question of budget I guess.

Welcome on board ....

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-06-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: Running Beolab speakers with Runco TV?

Hi ,

Can you tell me what audio connections the Runco provides?  Is it an all-in-one screen, or is there an external processor, etc.  What you're looking for is a variable, line-level output.  And even then you'll need an external relay to activate the BeoLab 2.

OK, so I'm off work today, with time to kill while the laundry runs....  A quick look at the Runco website tells me that these are all strictly video monitors, with no provision for audio at all.  Be sure to talk things over with your dealer before you pull the trigger on this deal.  If I've understood your post correctly you have either a BeoVision 5, or a BeoVision 4 with either a BeoSystem 1 or 3.  In the case of the BeoVision 5, the Audio processor is in the TV and will leave the room with it.  in the case of the BeoVision 4, the external processor ought to be able to handle the Runco Screen, and obviously the speakers.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)