in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-15-2011 2:46 AM by Oasis. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2011 8:49 PM

Choose CD but DVD plays?? - Now has become a bigger problem! HELP!!!

I have a BS9000 and BC 2 connected to Beosystem 3 and beovision. When I press CD, the BS9000 start but within seconds, it shuts down and the BC2 come up and play DVD if it has a DVD in it. I don't remember having this problem in the past. Had a black out recently not sure if it has affected the set up. 

Any wisdom on this will be appreciated!

• 06-11-2011 9:27 PM In reply to

• Marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2010
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Re: Choose CD but DVD plays??

Hello! Choose video option 1 with BC2 and audio option 1 on the BS9000. Think this will help. Best regards Parasound

BeoVision 4-50, BeoSystem 3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoSound 3200, BeoSound Ouverture, BeoCenter 9000, BeoLab 2000, BeoVision 3, DVD 1, Beo 4, BeoVision 4002, BeoSound 3 and my Beovox 3 ;)

• 06-14-2011 7:50 AM In reply to

Thanks I will give it a go!

• 07-12-2011 11:41 PM In reply to

I finally got around to having a go and changing the options and now things have worsened! Now when I press 'CD' or 'Radio' - both BS9000 and BC2 will switch on but no sound coming out the speakers at all! I don't know if during the process, I have completely messed up all the option setting. 

So basically my set up is:

Main room:

- BV9 - All speakers connect to it

- BC2 - connect to Beosystem 3 via masterlink; also has external speakers connect to aux output

- BS9000 - connect to Beosystem 3 via Masterlink

Link rooms:

- Various speakers and TV connected via masterlink

The problem now is, I don't know if I have changed the options on the BV9, BC2 and BS9000 properly. When I did it the first time, all the devices remained on standby and I simply stood very close to the device and changed the option settings. When it didn't work, I tried to isolate setting each device by disconnecting the other 2 devices from the main power as I am changing the options e.g. when changing A.opt on BV9 it's on standby whilst BC 2 and BS9000 are disconnected. So I believe, currently the options are set as:

BV9 - A.OPT 1

BC2- A.OPT 0

BS9000 - A.OPT 1

But when I press e.g. 'CD' - both BC2 and BS9000 will come on, the CD on BS9000 starts playing and the BC2 will also display the track BUT the main room speakers will not come on. I played around and added 'AV' to my Beo4, and when I did that, the speakers come on. It seems like I have now made the main room speakers, which is connected to the BV9, like link speakers (??). 

I am very frustrated at myself, as previously the problem was relatively minor, and now everything is totally messed up!

My concerns are:

1. Is the procedure of disconnected the other devices from the main power correct in order to change the .OPT of each device separately? And when you switch the devices back on, does the previously set .OPT gets set back to default again and that's why the system is not working?

2. Are my chosen option settings correct at all??

3. Does V.OPT on the BC2 and BV9 has anything to do with the problem? Not sure I might have messed up that too. 

It seems like the audio component (i.e. BC2 and BS9000) of the main setup has now become separated from the rest of the setup. 

Please experts on Beoworld help me!!!!!! At least I just want to revert things back to how they have been! :(

• 07-13-2011 5:51 PM In reply to

Any advice? :(

• 07-15-2011 2:46 AM In reply to

Problem partially resolved - changing V.OPT to 2 has reverted the set up to previous state - i.e. press CD, BC2 will play DVD in preference to BS9000 if there is a disk in the BC2. I also notice when I press radio, both system will play (and the speakers will both radio stations if the BC2 and BS9000 have different stations selected!) 

So, I wonder, does V.OPT and A.OPT override each other? e.g. because BV9 is a video device, by changing V.OPT, the A.OPT setting does not matter in the setup.

Similarly, as previously suggested, by converting the BC2 to V.OPT 1, does it then isolate it as a video device so that it's primary function now will be for DVD playback and the BS9000 will be the primary audio device (for CD/Radio)?. If So, the A.OPT setting on the BC2 does not matter (i.e. I don't have to make any adjustments to it)? Now I am too scared to make changes to the .OPT settings! I hope not to mess things up even more! 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)