in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2009 2:36 PM by vikinger. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2009 2:36 PM

Changing Serene Dock

I recently had a failure with my Serene docking station (see earlier thread on this topic) and eventually purchased a replacement via eBay. (I had committed myself just at the same moment that two Beoworlders offered help as did B&O Castle Street Liverpool.)

On using the replacement dock I got the usual request about whether I wanted to register the phone to the dock, which I did without thinking twice. I have now realised that all the phone numbers I had saved on the Serene as 'Common' numbers rather than 'Personal' were deleted by this process. (No new/ unknown numbers appeared so I assume that the previous dock owner had completely cleared the dock memory before selling it.)

So the lesson here for anyone changing Serene docks or temporarily using someone elses is to make sure that you resave all phone book entries as 'Personal' if you don't want to lose any.

Does anyone know why the 'Common' entries on the phone wouldn't just populate the dock memory rather than the new dock apparently wiping the existing common entries from the phone? Is there a way of not losing the common entries in this process???

Graham

PS Just to add to the above I have to admit, on thinking about it, that I don't know whether the 'Common' entries were wiped out by the new dock, or whether they had been lost when my original dock suddenly failed.

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)