in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-08-2009 1:28 PM by nmartin771. 117 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (118 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2009 6:16 AM

We all share the same passion!

Yes, I think we did

Sounds great, feel great, LOOK GREAT !

So, this is mine Smile

I will ad BL8000 and it will be complete.

If you are willing to share yours , this is the place Smile

I will be happy to see your setup.

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-04-2009 6:27 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Re: We all share the same passion!

(there's a Aaron no. 3 Millennium poweramp in the cabinet)

(the Onkyo pci-200 on the left is the new one compared to the old Audigy)

I'am happy with the system, but I think I will split it in 2 systems in the future. 1 B&O and 1 non-B&O

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 01-04-2009 6:49 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I love your space Nmartin!! Very balanced and comfortable

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-04-2009 6:53 AM In reply to

mmmmmm great !!

BeoLink 7000 look like NEW !

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-04-2009 6:56 AM In reply to

Thanks Dave

You should see room withouth B&O..... no magic Smile

• 01-04-2009 6:58 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

I'm very happy to have one of the 7000RDS versions, so I treat it very well Big Smile

• 01-04-2009 2:25 PM In reply to

I'm jealous  Smile

• 01-04-2009 2:36 PM In reply to

I've used this shot before, but here's part of my living room set-up. If you look closely in the right of the shot, you'll see the base for my RF Avant. There's plenty more B&O in the rest of the room, but that's for another photo! 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-04-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

very nice shot Cool. Oldskool B&O still rocks Party!!!

• 01-04-2009 2:44 PM In reply to

Great ! nice and clean and old school ! Yes -  thumbs up

Also your picture on the wall goes well with setup !

• 01-04-2009 3:22 PM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

John, that looks really, really great! Tasteful and nice! Great furniture, nice painting and a really beautiful combination of b&o equipment from different eras.

My flat is a mess, I just moved in and haven't been able to do any hole-drilling yet, which means that my wall-hung storage, my spotlights and my paintings are not up yet... I'll take some photos when it's finished :-)

In the meantime, some photos from my old flat - taken during a renovation project, haha: http://web.mac.com/henrik.lundstrom/iWeb/slask/beoworld.html

In my new flat, the white beolab8000 system is in the bedroom (grey walls) together with an mx4000 (black) and a second bm8000 (only used as an headphone amp for a computer and a sony cdplayer), the bs7000 and the bm6000/bg8002 vinyl listening post is in the livingroom (light grey walls) along with the tv, a bm5000 is in the kitchen.

• 01-04-2009 3:54 PM In reply to

Old school B&O that's what I got. Plenty of pictures in my photobucket account uploaded.

Most reason ones are taken of my white edition Beomaster 6000, Beogram 6006 and Beovox S120 which my dad has borrowed.

The pair of Beovox S45-2 are taking a break for now. They sound good but need a suitable Beomaster.

The link for my photobucket account:

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/Friedmett/

Serviced by Dillen stickers sadly missed. Smile

• 01-04-2009 5:02 PM In reply to

henrik:

In my new flat, the white beolab8000 system is in the bedroom (grey walls) together with an mx4000 (black) and a second bm8000 (only used as an headphone amp for a computer and a sony cdplayer), the bs7000 and the bm6000/bg8002 vinyl listening post is in the livingroom (light grey walls) along with the tv, a bm5000 is in the kitchen.

Sounds very interesting !  Specially white BL8000 with grey wall in background. Yes -  thumbs up

I can't wait to see Smile

• 01-04-2009 5:12 PM In reply to

Thanks for the nice comments guys - here's another angle. I'm very pleased with my living room at the moment, but as we're hoping to move soon, I suppose I'll have to rearrange things once more when we get where we're going!

Check out the Jet Present 607 valve set on the shelves - one that needs a 'serviced by Dillen' sticker!

One last photo - my first piece of B&O (this one's in the kitchen though):

• 01-04-2009 5:33 PM In reply to

John my wife told me to tell you that you inspired us to get BeoGram! Smile

So she asked me after she look at your photos "can we have beogram?" and of course I said ok Smile

You have a great space and great camera!

• 01-04-2009 5:50 PM In reply to

All the pictures look fantastic.  A shrine to B & O

Carl Sheerman

• 01-04-2009 6:20 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:

One last photo - my first piece of B&O (this one's in the kitchen though):

BeoMaster 900 with a 60s BeoVox of some sort. I at first thought they were 500s or 600s but the badge is on the wrong side. Out of interest, what model/type number are they?

I will confess in all my audiophile snobbery to being a big fan of the BeoMaster 900! I have one in my school study which I use with BeoVox 500s and an iPod/the built in tuner and find it really fantastic to listen to! It is showing it's age though; the (aluminium?) controls on the front seem to have oxidised in a patchy fashion, and the bass control affects each channel differently! I've been meaning to have it serviced for a long time but wouldn't want to live without it for more than a week. Stick out tongue

How did you find a BeoMaster 900 in what visually seems to be such good condition?

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-04-2009 6:50 PM In reply to

nmartin - you should go for it! Which Beogram are you planning on getting? (the one in the photo is a BG 4002).

Alex - the Beovoxes are 1000s. Very nice sounding, and look very good laid out on their sides next to the Beomaster. Incidentally, I bought it off eBay in 2004 on a slack day at work. I was already into collecting nice old things in A1 condition (Trimphones, soda syphons, lamps, etc.) so this was just a natural extension. Now, four years later, I have a nice B&O collection going on - but I insist everything is: a) used regularly, and; b) is mint :) I know I'm not the only one here with a BM 900 in my collection - such a classic piece that we bought a 900K for a friend's wedding present, after they continually admired my 900M. 

• 01-04-2009 7:14 PM In reply to

John, now it follows interesting part.... searching and choosing ....

I saw on lifestyle they have BG3500 and BG5500, but now I need to see can I conect tham via aux or .....

I thing is for sure I want mint!

Maybe you have some sugestion ?

• 01-05-2009 3:19 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:

nmartin - you should go for it! Which Beogram are you planning on getting? (the one in the photo is a BG 4002).

Alex - the Beovoxes are 1000s. Very nice sounding, and look very good laid out on their sides next to the Beomaster. Incidentally, I bought it off eBay in 2004 on a slack day at work. I was already into collecting nice old things in A1 condition (Trimphones, soda syphons, lamps, etc.) so this was just a natural extension. Now, four years later, I have a nice B&O collection going on - but I insist everything is: a) used regularly, and; b) is mint :) I know I'm not the only one here with a BM 900 in my collection - such a classic piece that we bought a 900K for a friend's wedding present, after they continually admired my 900M. 

The plan is to match it with a BeoGram 1000, but only once I've had the 900 restored fully. The cabinet itself is in stunning condition and having poked around inside it a bit, everything seems ship-shape there, save a few capacitors and pots which need replacing. What I can't work out is why the bulb occasionally doesn't work until a few 'power off-power on' cycles.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-05-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

nmartin771:

I saw on lifestyle they have BG3500 and BG5500, but now I need to see can I conect tham via aux or .....

I have a BG4002, 5005 and 8002 in my collection Martin, but I suppose it depends on what you want to connect it to (I'm assuming it's a BS9000) - you might find this thread interesting in that case :)

• 01-05-2009 4:43 AM In reply to

Alex:

The plan is to match it with a BeoGram 1000, but only once I've had the 900 restored fully.

They look and sound ok together - I had a Beomaster 900 RG (essentially a BM 900 and BG 1000 in a piece of furniture) and was really surprised how good it sounded.

You'll be sending things to Tim Jarman soon - the sign of a true collector ;)

• 01-05-2009 4:45 AM In reply to

Alex:

The plan is to match it with a BeoGram 1000, but only once I've had the 900 restored fully. The cabinet itself is in stunning condition and having poked around inside it a bit, everything seems ship-shape there, save a few capacitors and pots which need replacing. What I can't work out is why the bulb occasionally doesn't work until a few 'power off-power on' cycles.

Do you mean the dial lights (there are two of them)? They have their own fuse and it's often oxidized in its holder. It's located away from the power supply, on the underside of the main circuit board as I recall.

If you mean the stereo light, it sometimes needs "warming up" in one of my 900s (I have three Geeked ) as well. The stereo indicator has its own circuitry, so the set can play FM in stereo even though the light doesn't come on. There's an adjustment, but I haven't bothered to touch it yet.

-mika

• 01-05-2009 5:00 AM In reply to

j0hnbarker:
    nmartin771:

I have a BG4002, 5005 and 8002 in my collection Martin, but I suppose it depends on what you want to connect it to (I'm assuming it's a BS9000) - you might find this thread interesting in that case :)

I want to connect BG to BS 2300, but my aux is not free cos it will be connected to converter 1611 and then ML to BC1.

So I will have to search for the solution .... 

• 01-05-2009 6:07 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Maybe you can split the AUX socket of BC 2300 and use the input for the BG. You will have the output for the ML (BC2300 to BC1).

For the BC2300 you will need a Beogram with RIAA preamp - BG 3500, 4500, 6500, 7000. BG 3000, 3300. 5000, 5500. 9000 have no RIAA, but it`s possible to add an external.

As BC2300 has datalink on the AUX socket you can control your Beogram via remote and from linkrooms.

Really nice set ups !!

Stefan 

Page 1 of 5 (118 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >