in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-08-2009 4:49 AM by meandmyshadow. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-07-2009 2:11 PM

BeoLab 7 Stand locked

I have a Beo Lab 7 with a motorised stand which has become locked. Does anyone know how to unlock it?

Thanks

• 08-07-2009 2:56 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoLab 7 Stand locked

Welcome to BeoWorld!  Glad to have you here.

I assume that what you have is a BeoVision 7 with one of the BeoLab 7-x's on one of the motorized stands.  There is no 'lock' function for those stands, so you do have a problem.  There is one general item you can check easily, go into the options menu and see if the 'stand' option is available; if not, the likely issue is that the cable connecting the TV to the stand has come loose from the TV.  Unplug the Mains power, and re-attach the cable.  Power the TV back on and try it again.  This can be an issue with all 3 of the motorized stands.

If 'Stand' does appear in the menu, but it won't move, then there is a different issue.  Here in the US, we have had an issue with the motorized floor and table stands for the BV-7 40".  They no longer come from the factory assembled, and when done in the field, they have been known to lock or freeze up after working fine for a while.  The solution is to loosen the screw on the bottom of the stand which holds the riser-posts in place, and gently but firmly make certain that it is fully seated all the way down then begin to re-tighten that screw while continuing to work the posts down.  I do not know if the stands for the 32" have the same problem.  It is, of course,suggested that you remove the TV from the stand while doing this as it involves a fair amount of wiggling, shaking, and perhaps cursing.  Stick out tongue

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 08-08-2009 3:59 AM In reply to

Thanks Russ

Yes its a BeoLab 7 - 40. I had been away when we moved house and since they TV was moved it appears the stand is locked.

I have checked all connections and they are fine. When I go into Menu the stand does not even appear so I cannot adjust it using the menu. Should I do as you recommend? Or does it mean I have a more serious problem? I just did not want to go unscrewing things if I have a problem that I cannot fix.

Thanks again for your advice.

Stuart

• 08-08-2009 4:49 AM In reply to

The problem is likely to be that you have plugged the power to the TV before plugging in the stand, so the TV has not recognised the stand.  Remove the mains from the TV, remove the stand connection, make sure you have the connector the correct way round because it is possible to insert it upside down if you force it, connect the stand and then connect the mains power.  You should now have stand control again.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)