in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2011 6:23 PM by Vienna. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2011 12:48 AM

Link Room speaker problem

I have a B&O system in the living room with a Wireless setup to a study. This works fine with a pair of BL4000 speakers. I have an Avant in this room as well using only it's own speakers. The problem is that when I turn on the TV with Beo4 the speakers connected to the wireless come on as well with sound coming from the main system. So I end up with two lots of sound. I have to turn the wirless connected speakers off at the eye directly.

Have I got an option problem?

There must be some way of turning only either the TV or the wireless connected speakers on with two separate commands.

If it is a problem with options are you able to tell me what each should be?

Is anyone able to give advice. I would really appreciate it.

paddy

Patrick

• 03-06-2011 3:51 AM In reply to

Re: Link Room speaker problem

I believe that has to do with the Option settings, but couldn't say for sure.

Option 6 : Used in a setup with the main system in one room, and the link room setup in another is the Factory Default setting for the BeoLink Wireless 1.

According to the User Manual it list Option 5: Used if you set up a Bang & Olufsen television in the link room.

Using a Beo4 remote control to set the Option as follows:

The entire system must be switched to standby.

> While holding down the • button, press LIST.

> Let go of both buttons.

> Press LIST repeatedly until OPTION? is shown in the Beo4 display, and press GO.

>Press LIST repeatedly until L.OPT is shown in the Beo4 display, and then key in the appropriate number (0, 4, 5 or 6)

Hopefully that's all you need to do.  Give it a shot and post back how it worked.

Hiller

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 03-06-2011 3:57 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

paddy2042:
    I have a B&O system in the living room with a Wireless setup to a study. This works fine with a pair of BL4000 speakers. I have an Avant in this room as well using only it's own speakers.

... assuming you know how to set options using a Beo4: " Standby"+"LIST" simultanously, "LIST" till "OPTION?",  ...

Solution #1:    Avant in "V.OPT" " 5" and Wireless in "L.OPT"  "5"
                      >> WIRELESS +BLB 4000 will react to "audio source" like "CD" , "RADIO" , ...
                      >> AVANT will react to "video source" like "TV", "SAT/DTV" , ...
                      >> "AV" + "video source" will play the sound of a video source like "TV", "SAT/DTV"
                             through BLB 4000
                            "AV" + "audio source" will play the sound of an audio source like "CD" , "RADIO" 
                             through AVANT

Solution #2:   Avant in "V.OPT" " 6" and Wireless in "L.OPT"  "4" 
                     >> WIRELESS +BLB 4000 will react if "LINK" is pressed before "any audio or video source"
                     >> AVANT will react to "any audio or video source" directly

• 03-06-2011 6:20 PM In reply to

Thanks for the advice. Forum members are always so helpful.

I will give it a go tonight after work.

paddy

Patrick

• 03-07-2011 2:23 AM In reply to

I thought this was going to work but alas...

The Avant is not connected to the master system in the link room and I'm not sure if this has any effect on the overall operation. I think this is why one will not turn off when the other is turned on.

I have been told that the Avant will not accept a Masterlink joining it to the Wireless (which would join it all up to one system. I have an older Avant (28in with VCR). If I could join the two it may be possible to get all the optioning correct.

So, I can turn both the Wireless on and off with the remote and I can turn the TV on and off with the remote but the Beo4 will not turn one off when the other is turned on.

Does anyone know any more about the Masterlink connection between my older Avant and the Wireless?

Any help appreciated.

paddy

Patrick

• 03-07-2011 5:08 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

paddy2042:

So, I can turn both the Wireless on and off with the remote and I can turn the TV on and off with the remote
    but the Beo4 will not turn one off when the other is turned on.

A Beo4 has no "toggle command" for switching between 2 units in a Link-Room  - this could only be done
    with a Beo5/6 by programming a makro. 

paddy2042:

I have been told that the Avant will not accept a Masterlink joining it to the Wireless (which would join
    it all up to one system. I have an older Avant (28in with VCR). If I could join the two it may be possible
    to get all the optioning correct.

Your old Avant will not accept V.OPT "5" or "6" - the settings have to be: 

Avant in "V.OPT" " 1" and Wireless in "L.OPT"  "5"
                      >> WIRELESS +BLB 4000 will react to "audio sources" like "CD" , "RADIO" , ...
                      >> AVANT will only accept "video sources" like "TV", "SAT/DTV" , ...

If there is a TV connected to the ML-System in an other room in V.Opt "1" or "2" 
                      >>"AV" + "video source" will play the sound of a video source delivered by the main TV 
                            like "TV", "SAT/DTV", "DVD" , ... through BLB 4000

paddy2042:

Does anyone know any more about the Masterlink connection between my older Avant and the Wireless?

To connect a 1st Generation Avants as a link-room tv the workaround for a WIRED ML systen is:
    Wired ML Network <> BeoLink Video <> 7-pin DataLink Cable <> BeoLink Converter <> ML Cable to the Avant.
    Used this setup many years ago and it worked (Avant in "V.Opt 1" acts as beeing in "V.OPT 5" and
    "V.Opt 2" acts as "V.OPT 6") 

For a WIRELESS setup this would mean !! in theory - never tried this setup by myself !!  
    you'll need one more BeoLink Wireless as a receiver beeing used in ML Mode (wo IR-Eye)
    - and the wiring would be:

BeoLink Wireless <> ML Cable <> BeoLink Video <> 7-pin DataLink Cable <> BeoLink Converter <>
    ML Cable <> Avant 

• 03-08-2011 5:31 PM In reply to

BeoLink Wireless <> ML Cable <> BeoLink Video <> 7-pin DataLink Cable <> BeoLink Converter <> 
    ML Cable <> Avant

Does this mean to connect the Wirless with a Masterlink to the Avant?

What is a 7 pin datalink cable and a Beolink converter?

Thanks

paddy

Patrick

• 03-08-2011 6:23 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

paddy2042:

Does this mean to connect the Wirless with a Masterlink to the Avant?

DIRECTLY ML<>ML NOT!

It's a quite complex WORKAROUND that is tested working in WIRED ML-Systems,
    and, as I mentioned in my previous post !! MAYBE will WORK - (not tested) !! in a wireless setup.

BeoLink Wireless <> ML Cable <> BeoLink Video <> 7-pin DataLink Cable
    <> BeoLink Converter <> ML Cable <> Avant

You'll need for that following items:

1 BeoLink Wireless (additional to the existing one)
    1 BeoLink Video (Black Box)
    1 BeoLink Converter (Black Box)
    2 ML to ML Cables
    1 DataLink Cable 7-pin to 7-pin

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)