in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2009 9:50 AM by Spiros. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2009 9:38 AM

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Thinking of changing to Mac in the house

Hi all.

I know already that most of you will directly say "Don't even think about it.." etc, however I have to admit that Beoport is extremely important for me.

So just a small question concerning playlists and how these are being handled by iTunes. Am I still able to make N.Radio and N.Music playlists and control them through the 4 colored buttons? If not, any better solution that exists?

It's not an easy decision since if I change I have to be 100% sure of it. Also keep in mind the 4 floors of the house which makes it very difficult to go to the computer all the time if something is wrong with Beoport, since it is fully linked and I love the control over all rooms.

All advices are welcome :)

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-11-2009 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: Thinking of changing to Mac in the house

Currenly the Beoport software does not work properly with the latest version of iTunes.

Wait until the BM-Link software has been updated... it should be a matter of weeks.

I think pressing number keys on the Beo4 causes the computer to crash. You can still navigate playlists using arrow up and down.

BM-Link does not allow listening to main room sources on the local speakers connected to the Beoport.

I am preparing a Beoport replacement software as well that I'll probably distribute, but it is far from ready.

p.

• 10-11-2009 12:53 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

That would be a problem for me. Or at least a solution will be available. I still though cannot understand why there is no similar interfave with the PC and an actual Beoport Mac version since there are so many Mac users!! Really I'd love to have a serious answer from B&O for this!!! Quite a dissapointment :(

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-11-2009 1:40 PM In reply to

You could always run windows (yuk) and Beoplay in VMWare, on your Mac, I tested it and it works fine.

B&O did not think the share of Mac was going up, and also did not realise until recently that most B&O owners have Macs than the average joe. 

• 10-11-2009 2:58 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I got no idea about Mac but sounds obviously something that can be done!!!!! What kind of Hard specs do I need to run the setup as you describe it? G4 or latest Intel models? (I was thinking for a Mac Mini  probably s/h to start with)

B&O's customer list is, as far as I can see, mostly Mac users. What more do they need to see in order to wake up!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-11-2009 3:05 PM In reply to

You need a intel mac to run windows on them.

What screen are you going to connect it to?

• 10-11-2009 4:16 PM In reply to

I am still trying to find the optimal configuration and use for my BeoPort and my MacBook ... I would wait a little because:

1/ Apple are about to announce new machines

2/ B&O is supposedly about to update BeoPlayer and hopefully BM-Link

Keep an eye on Phil's progress, I am sure he will keep us posted

And I will keep testing :) and I will added the coloured keys and numbers to my test pattern

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-12-2009 3:40 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hello Phil,

Still got no idea about the screen but I think I will continue using my standard one being used at the moment!!!

Regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-12-2009 3:41 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Elephant,

Do the testing and update :)

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-26-2009 9:50 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Any update on this? 

I'm about to go for a Mac and I'm happy about it but don't know about the final result!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)