in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-04-2009 2:20 PM by jryan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2009 10:05 AM

• jryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-04-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beolink active stopped working - any ideas?

I have a Beosound 9000 with three beolink actives.  It has been working fine for almost 10 years.  A few weeks ago it stopped.  The Beosound 9000 is still working, but all three remotes fail to connect - that it, when I push on the "play" button the light stays red, no click, no sound, nothing.  I have disconnected and re-connected all cables, powered everything down, then back up in various order, but no joy.

The master link cable is split as it leaves the Beosound, then one of the cables is split again later.  These then go to the 3 beolink active boxes. Since all three quit at the same time I suspected the masterlink somewhere up to the point of the first split.  Re-landed every connection on the primary side but did not help.  Unless somebody has some ideas, I am beginning to think that the problem is in the Beosound, god forbid.  Ideas are greatly appreciated.

• 07-04-2009 1:08 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beolink active stopped working - any ideas?

Process of ellimination I guess.

Do you have a complete intact ML cable? If so can you try connecting one of the Actives to the BeoSound9000 using that straight ML cable? If that works, you could try the other two Actives. This will also enable you to determine if the original network of ML cable has  faulty connection somewhere.

Your local dealer should have an ML cable tester that you could borrow, maybe.

Hope that helps.

Opman

• 07-04-2009 2:20 PM In reply to

• jryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-04-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beolink active stopped working - any ideas?

OK, thanks for responding.  I had your suggestion in mind as my next step.  Dealer is 4 hours away, so I will probably buy another ML cable or see if they can ship me one temporarily as a courtesy.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)