in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-12-2007 12:02 PM by beobeo. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2007 11:00 PM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Serene or Beosound 1 ???

Hello all, finally I have made the decision to prefer beosound 1. On the other hand, I am very interested in Serene phone too. So I wanna ask beosound 1 and serene, both on their own field, which one does it worth to buy more? It seem that the comparison is very strange, but I have to choose only one of them.

Also, about serene, it is a GSM phone. I worry if GSM will end very quickly under this 3G world. Do you think GSM will be ended in short time?
    Filed under: ,
  • 06-09-2007 2:56 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Re: Serene or Beosound 1 ???

I would definitly go for the Beosound 1. I have never given it much attention until my parents bought one som months ago. I really think it delivers an amazing sound for the size, and I love the simplicity of the looks.

It is very funny to compare it to the Serene, but I understand that you can only afford one. Personally I would choose the BS1 as stated, as I need music more in my life than a fancy phone. I have been looking at used Serenes here in Denmark, and they go for approximatly half of the originale price.
    I do not think that the GSM will end any time soon. I just read that in Denmark every fourth phone is a 3G phone, and it is not even every mobile operator that offers 3G here.

• 06-09-2007 3:45 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

You will still be in love with the BS1 in a couple of years. Not sure about the Serene!

Jonnie

• 06-09-2007 4:36 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

it seems that the comparison is not that unfair. Music system will last for many many years, and beosound 1 is a forever classic.

but on the other hand, my mobile phone now, which is samsung also, gives a poor signal quality and a just-above-average voice quality. I hope I can get a good to use till the end of GSM. will Serene help me?

• 06-09-2007 9:26 AM In reply to

I would go for the BeoSound 1 without a doubt, it offers so much more for its buck than the Serene. The sound is extremely impressive from such a compact speaker and although it's not as portable as the BS3, I use it as a portable speaker around the house and garden. This means that I truly can have good sound anywhere in my home. It also looks the part for any smart or fun occasion at home.

The Serene is a very cool cell phone, but against other phones on the market it can't really compete, and even if it was a very impressive all round phone, £800 is a lot of money just for a cell phone.

This is my opinion, but choose which you feel will be of better use and value to you.

Let us know!

• 06-09-2007 5:57 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I would go for the BS1 too. The serene is good quality and a unique design, but I won't last for as long as a BS1, witch means you can enjoy a BS1 a lot more than a cell phone.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-09-2007 6:28 PM In reply to

Agree completely. The Beosound 1 would be my choice. The Serene is fine but the Beosound 1 will last for years, which the Serene will not.
  • 06-10-2007 5:26 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

well... we all love beosound 1. okay, so if possible, I will buy beosound 1.

Although I feel serene is very elegent and beautiful and stylish.

• 06-10-2007 8:33 AM In reply to

Yeah get the BS1

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 06-10-2007 10:59 AM In reply to

@Beo,

Buy the Beosound 1
    Next buy the GOLD membership and hope for the best to win the Serene in one of the next prize draws...
  • 06-10-2007 12:50 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons......

Get the Serene, It's wonderful!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-10-2007 3:47 PM In reply to

The BS1 will last much longer than the Serene, and will bring more emotions (IMHO). It's worth your money compare to the B&O phone.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 06-11-2007 12:40 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

thank you all of you.

My first priority is beosound, than serene la..

also, i feel serene will be very trouble when typing words... do u think so?

also, one more thing, an interesting question, what's the correct way to hold and use Serene with thumb?
  • 06-11-2007 9:27 PM In reply to

• Hooper
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Cato Neimoidia
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Hi Beo,

I think its all just a matter of getting used to - if you have a B&O store nearby then its worth a visit to fiddle around with the phone. I must confess I wasn't overly excited when I first saw the Serene online however after trying it out on the weekend I was completely blown away by the tactile quality and exquisite shape of the phone.

The rotary keypad does seem perplexing (I can only imagine what it'd be like after a few wines) however I find it a lot more accomodating (in terms of size) than something like the Nokia 8800 with its tiny keypad. Worth a mention is the oh so cool scroll feature which makes me wonder how it hasn't been incorporated in all phones! Regarding the way to hold the Serene, when the salesperson handed me an open Serene to hold, I instinctly reached for the phone with the screen up only to realise that I had held it upside down. 

I'd like to purchase a Serene however will probably wait to see what the iPhone will be like when its released later this month. The Serene is such a beautiful phone however its a lot of money.
  • 06-12-2007 3:01 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

well, i know that screen is in the bottom. But I feel that it is hard to find comfortable way to hold serene during  conversation. My friend suggested that we should hold the top part, i.e. speaker+keyboard part, this is more make sense.
  • 06-12-2007 12:02 PM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

I have the feeling by going through this post that your mind tells you to buy the BS1 while your heart bits for a Serene... I own an almost 2 year old Serene and it's still fantastic, as in the first day. However I will not try to persuade anybody to go for this mobile phone unless you really want to watch everybodies' jaws going to the floor when you answer a phone call.. I would go for it only if you are that enthusiast of exclusivity.

On the other hand I do really recommend BS1. Seems such a nice piece of modern music art. Definitely satisfaction guaranteed. 

Gustavo

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)