in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-13-2009 10:34 PM by jk1002. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-13-2009 4:29 AM

• PNM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-13-2009
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

BEO4 remote and iMAc G5 any chances of making them work?

What are the chances of programming B&O remote to work with iTunes?

It works with light SAT etc... Is there a way to program it so it works iMac, mainly with iTunes and VLC player? 

Much appreciate it if someone has gone to these greater length already and can share their knowhow.

• 10-13-2009 4:49 AM In reply to

Re: BEO4 remote and iMAc G5 any chances of making them work?

You can get a IR receiver that connects to a Mac and can probably do what you want.

You can find it here: http://www.irtrans.de/en/shop/usb.php

Other solution, involving a Beoport box from B&O can control iTunes (Music and Radio) and Frontrow, using the BM-Link software. But this software is at the moment not completely compatible with the current version of iTunes so cannot really be used until the next version is released.

P.

• 10-13-2009 5:32 AM In reply to

• PNM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-13-2009
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Phil, great to hear that. So what you are saying, the receiver I have in iMac wont do?

• 10-13-2009 6:38 AM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

The BEO4 remote and the mac remote uses different frequensies for their IR signals. Therfore it is not possible to use the built in IR reciever in the Mac. 

I'am using the IR trans solution myself for controlling XBOX mediacenter on a mac and it works quite well once you get to know the programming of it.

Another solution might be this one http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=apple&sort=2a&language=en where you add some hardware to the BEO4 which makes it control your Apple gear. haven't tried it though.  

• 10-13-2009 6:45 AM In reply to

• PNM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-13-2009
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

thank you madskp, phil also thank you for your input.

when taking into consideration IR trans, is it easy to set up and no heavy  high tech knowledge  is necessary ? Although high tech stuff is what I love, just need to know what code and software needs to be uploaded and such.

Great to know what you guys had to say. Thanks

• 10-13-2009 6:54 AM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

IR trans uses the Ired2 software ( http://www.tinbert.com/iRed2/ ) for mac to translate the IR commands to something the mac can understand, and i think it is quite easy to use once getting to know it. 

You start learning the BEO4 codes. For example V.MEM-Go and so on. Then you can chose if you want this code to do a keystroke or an apple script. I haven 't  figured out yet if it is possible to make it do different commands in different programs with the same BEO4 code.

The Ired2 software has to keep running in the background for it to work.  

• 10-13-2009 6:54 AM In reply to

Do you have any other B&O equipment? Are they connected by ML?

• 10-13-2009 7:03 AM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

I have a couple of tv sets and music systems but none of them have masterlink so no. But if you are thinking of distribution of music to other rooms then the Beoport should be taking i to consideration. I don't think the Ir trans solution is the best possibility for link rooms unless you buy a network version of it for each link room.

Another possibility is to have an aiport express in each room and stream the music directly to that from itunes. again you would have to have an Ir trans receiver in every room to control it (or use an Ipod touch).  

• 10-13-2009 7:09 AM In reply to

• PNM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-13-2009
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Actually my Beosound 2300 along with beolab2500 is basically my iMac's speaker system via din adaptor, I use them both quit extensively for music and movies/ torrents while working at home office. 

• 10-13-2009 10:34 PM In reply to

I have used IRED as well. I took me half day to set it up initially, spend probably another 2 days on refinements.

I could not get fast scrolling through lists to work, not sure if that was improved in later releases. That was possible with Lintronik, however you need windows to program that.

I am using today my BV8 to control my mac/apple tv.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)