in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-04-2007 1:22 AM by designprof. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2007 6:39 PM

Turntable Platten for a BeoCenter 2200

Does anyone have a spare aluminum turntable platten for the BeoCenter 2200?

I enjoy restoring older B&O systems and, in my collection, have a BeoMaster 2400, BeoMaster 1900, BeoCenter 4600, BeoCenter 9000, BeoGram 8000 and now the BeoCenter 2200.  I found it at the Salvation Army Thrift Store (!!!).  It was in sad shape...very scratched up and non-operational.  I have rebuilt the cassette unit (new belts...works great) and am now trying to find the cause of a dead amplifier channel. 

The turntable looks and performs OK (sans pick-up, of course) except that the top platten has been lost along the way. (It can fall off easily, I understand).  I would like to find a replacement if anyone has one.  If not, can someone give me an accurate description of the platten so that I can fabricate one.  The dimensions: thickness, diameter, center-hole, and anything else pertinent, would be greatly appreciated!

As a new member of the Forum, I am looking forward to sharing expertise with other restorers.

Thanks for your interest.

Jim

Designprof
  • 07-01-2007 6:37 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Turntable Platten for a BeoCenter 2200

Welcome to Beoworld !

Regarding the dead amplifier channel, you need to find out if the problem lies within the amplifier module or in the preamp/tonecontrol circuits and if the problem relates to all sources (FM/Tape etc..) or just one. There's a bunch of tiny green electrolytic capacitors that leaks and needs replacing, especially some near the round cutout for the tuning wheel. Check also for continuity in the two MPX filters at the line outputs from the tuner, I've seen these fail too often.

I have a spare turntable platter for the Beocenter 2200, looks new (which I believe it actually is). I also have a little stock of good used parts if you need. I'm in Denmark but PM me if you're interested.

Martin

• 07-04-2007 1:22 AM In reply to

Re: Turntable Platten for a BeoCenter 2200

Thanks Martin!

Very good advice about the dead channel.  I have the schematics, but it is very helpful to know where to look!  The right channel is the one that's dead no matter what input source is selected.  The left channel is OK for all sources, by the way.

I will contact you to find out about the turntable. 

Thanks again for your reply!

Jim 

Designprof
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)