in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-09-2009 5:35 PM by MissBabyCar. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2009 2:40 PM

BeoMedia Install / Password HELP !!!!

Can anyone help me please.  Have BeoMedia 1 and it is linked via ethernet cable to router and editing PC.

All is good and I can PING the IP address og BEOMEDIA and it responds.

HOWEVER...........I have gone and downloaded the latest BeoPlayer software (do i need BeoPort ????) and it gets to the point where the screen is 'Connect to BeoMedia1' enter your password.     Long story but this BeoMedia 1 box has never yet worked, its been packed away due to building work and now I can't remember the password.

Is there a way to find this out so I can get the connection to BeoMedia 1 up and running so I can use this flipping black box in the way its intended.

Anyone with good ideas please shout (or email MissBabycar @  hotmail  com)

Thx

• 06-06-2009 2:49 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: BeoMedia Install / Password HELP !!!!

Hello and welcome to Beoworld

If you have a keyboard plugged on your Beomedia, when you see the menu on your BV, pres the R key and then 9. You will see another meno. Press 0, 0 and Enter, and you will see Network Settings. Enter here and choose your password. Type it and then type the same password when the Beoplayer will ask you. To exit from that menu, press Esc several times.

Regards

Quim

• 06-06-2009 2:53 PM In reply to

I don't have spare keyboard to hook up to the BeoMedia - is this the only way to sort out this password issue?

• 06-06-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

You can enter in the Service Menu pressing Red + 9, and then 0, 0, Go with your Beo4. You will enter in the Network Settings, but without a keyboard, I don't know how you will type a password.

Quim

• 06-09-2009 5:35 PM In reply to

Finally, got a keyboard hooked up to BeoMedia1 and thanks to the 'secret' instructions as provided in this post I managed to open up the service menu and get to change the client password.

I have to say that this has been the most frustrating bit of kit I have ever bought.

At least its up and running now....just hope I get the most out of it.

Thanks for the help

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)