in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-31-2009 8:34 AM by Peter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2009 5:11 AM

HX-PRO and DBX

I have rather many cassette tapes recorded with different kinds of music on a YAMAHA 1200 KX  which have now broken down. Has B&O produced a casette recorder which can play back my tapes in thr same quality as I was used to on the YAMAHA 1200 KX .   In other words: Is HX-PRO and DBX the same?

• 05-31-2009 7:44 AM In reply to

Re: HX-PRO and DBX

Hello Peter

Thank you for advice and help. On the KX 1200 I could listen before and after tape recording , it was nearly impossibe for me to find any difference; I usually used Maxell XL II -S, and my source was Philips CD650:

Greetings, Martin

• 05-31-2009 8:34 AM In reply to

Re: HX-PRO and DBX

B&O produced a number of excellent decks - the Beocord 9000 is held up as the pinnacle but the 8004 and 5000 are also superb.

HX-Pro is a B&O designed circuit licensed to Dolby that extends the headroom extension of cassette tapes - this means that ordinary ferric tapes can basically accept more signal and improves the performance. The big advantage of this is that the tapes do not require decoding and can be played on any machine. It is not a noise reducing circuit.

DBX is a noise reduction circuit - a bit like Dolby B and C but which works on the entire frequency range. It can be very good but poorly executed versions can produce very bad pumping artefacts.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)